10 Downing at Churchill's

Savannah, Georgia · View map · Visit website

About 10 Downing at Churchill's

Located in Savannah, Georgia, 10 Downing at Churchill’s is a gorgeous wedding venue that can be used for rehearsal dinners, ceremonies, and receptions. Situated in historic downtown Savannah, this event space’s attention to detail means guests will long remember the views from the roof terrace, the atmosphere of Winston’s Wine Cellar, and the fabulous food.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples have the option of two private event rooms. The intimate 10 Downing space has large north-facing windows with a modern interior and private entrance, bar, and restroom. A door in the rear of the room leads onto the open roof top terrace, perfect for a night under the stars. The room has a drop-down screen and projection system that can be connected to a laptop, DVD player, or iPod. The second location is Winston’s Wine Cellar, a rustic, brick-walled space with a private bar and warm lighting. The room has audio/visual equipment installed, which includes an HD projector and screen, a laptop, iPod connections, a DVD player, and an MP3 player.

The staff at 10 Downing at Churchill is capable and ready to help you plan and host your event at their restaurant. Having hosted hundreds of weddings at their location, they can provide pre-wedding planning as well as a day-of coordinator to help ensure your day proceeds as smoothly as possible. In addition to set up and clean up, the venue will provide the following for a ceremony and reception:

• Chairs
  • China
  • Flatware
  • Linens
  • Tables

Cuisine
The menu at this restaurant is a delicious mix of American, British, Southern, and local cuisine. Couples are welcome to indulge in a tasting before their event, courtesy of their exceptional chef. The menu largely features collaboration with local farmers to produce fresh, locally-sourced dishes. Couples have the option of choosing a plated or buffet serving style in addition to hors d’oeuvres and a cocktail reception. The restaurant is also able to accommodate special dietary needs such as vegan, gluten-free, vegetarian, and no pork. Wedding cakes from other bakeries are allowed at the venue, so couples have the freedom to choose their own baker and design. Receptions may also include a cash, limited, or open bar. 10 Downing at Churchill’s has a large selection of house beer, wine, and liquor, as well as specialty beer, wine, and premium liquor. They can also assist in providing a champagne toast, and allow couples to create their own specialty cocktail for the night.

102 Reviews for 10 Downing at Churchill's

102 10 Downing at Churchill's Reviews

LAURA
Featured
Laura

Married on 03/23/2019

Simply the Best

I am the bride's mother... You know, the "one who cannot be pleased. " Yet, I am incredibly pleased after having had Mark Royston and his team at 10 Downing St. Host my daughter's wedding reception. We ... Read more are from out-of-town and needed to rely on the tastes and communication abilities of the vendors we used, and without exception, Mark was ahead of everything. While being professional and diplomatic when that was necessary, he maintained his sense of humor the whole time. We worried about rain with a March wedding; he thought ahead and had warming lamps for us on the patio and he was right. He was spot on when it came to how many tables would fit comfortably, had suggestions about the care of guests' children, worked with us planning out some unusual bar arrangements, responded promptly, kindly, and truthfully to our requests for information, costs and opinions. This man is a jewel. Frankly, there were no requests on our part which he was unable to deliver on one way or another. The site itself is a special one, perfect for a small-medium sized group (we had about 70) located in the middle of the historic district, and with an agreement which exists between 10 Downing and the city-owned parking garage 1/2 block away, parking issues simply vanish. If the reception needs to go on after the newlyweds have left, the city of Savannah is right outside the door, waiting. We used their hors d-oeuvres menu and bars (yes, there are two upstairs, one in the lounge adjacent to the dining room, and the other is outside on the patio) for the cocktail hour while photos at the chapel were taken. When the couple arrived, we served an incredibly delicious dinner (Mark sets up a double buffet line so there is no significant wait.) from their buffet menu choices, and had wedding cake for dessert. We were able to adjust pricing between the menus to accommodate our selections. Closer to the wedding, it was apparent that a few guests would require special diets, and the kitchen handled those needs with quiet grace and aplomb. No one felt as though he had to eat from a "less expensive" menu, and everything was presented with elegance and pride. I would love to post photos, but at this time, have not gotten them back from our photographer. When they do come in, I'll post for you. Without photos, though, you can easily check out the marvelous planning app on the Churchill's 10 Downing St. site. It's a link especially set up for folks planning a party and wanting to see space represented in 3-D, and take a 360 degree "tour." Take it from me that the space at 10 Downing plus a talented florist can create all a bride would want. I was the last "guest" present the night of our daughter's wedding. My husband had brought the car around to the back of the restaurant so that we could load gifts and so on, and I spent some time settling the bill and chatting with Mark. The bill was less than I'd planned on it being, which is remarkable in these times! And for the first time in a long, long, long time I felt like tipping liberally, not because I've got money to lose, but because I felt that 10 Downing and every one of its employees, waiters, bartenders, chefs, and their assistants, as well as the manager, Mark, had tried their best to put on a memorable party and had succeeded, as they say around here, in spades! A sincere thank you to all at 10 Downing for a truly, truly lovely event.

W
Whitley Wilkinson

Getting married on 12/28/2019

Literally nothing is better for a wedding!

I don’t even know where to begin in telling you how wonderful 10 Downing has been so far. The manager, Mark, is a breath of fresh air and makes the entire process unbelievably fun. As for the venue, ... Read more if you didn’t want to fuss with decor, look no further, the venue is beyond stunning from the roof top to the wine cellar in the basement. Tons of detail everywhere you look, tons of natural light upstairs and beautifully decorated as is. The space is perfect for an intimate wedding with elegance to spare. From the beautifully crafted bars to the gorgeous artwork everywhere you look is stunning and captivating. And then there is the food/drinks. I have been to Churchill’s many times and will say the food has never disappointed. The wedding menu has an incredibly wide selection to appease any taste! The drinks are efficient, unique and TASTY! If you want a signature cocktail this is your place!!! I can’t imagine doing the wedding process any differently than we have. I’m absolutely thrilled with 10 Downing and Mark!

Katie
Katie

Married on 08/31/2019

Gorgeous venue

If you're having a smaller wedding this is the place! Mark and the crew at Churchill's were so helpful leading up to the wedding and during the wedding. The food is delicious and great location. The ... Read more chef worked with us on dietary restrictions too. I highly recommend 10 Downing at Churchill's