1makeupman

New Castle, DE · View map · Visit website

About 1makeupman

Based in New Castle, Delaware, 1makeupman is an on-site makeup artist who gets more excited about weddings with every new bride. Licensed makeup artist and owner Russell Borns believes that makeup serves as an accessory to a bride's facial features just as jewelry is an accessory to the wedding gown. Russell and his team of artists not only provide makeup services for the bride on the wedding day but for wedding parties and groups of up to 30 people.

Brides are not only clients to 1makeupman, but many become close friends once the wedding is over. Russell schedules a makeup trial ahead of the wedding to ensure his brides are satisfied with their look. He creates looks using contour makeup, eye makeup, natural makeup, and fake eyelashes, and can cover any tattoos. He is also available to provide men’s grooming services.

102 Reviews for 1makeupman

102 1makeupman Reviews

K
Featured
Kristin

Married on 11/15/2014

I cannot even begin to describe to you how happy my family and I were with Russell and his team! I think the only way to truly express how much I would recommend him, is that after my own wedding, I ... Read more made sure he did my best friend's wedding, my brother's wedding, and he will be doing my other brother's wedding in April! You would only recommend the BEST to family, which is exactly what I did. Russell is not just a makeup artist who comes in, makes everyone look beautiful, and leaves.... his personality, wit, and humor bring any bride exactly what they need on their wedding day! He was a calming force for me, and provided more laughs than we could even count! His work is impeccable! Not only did we all feel beautiful, but the makeup lasted the entire night (from 6am-1am). He LISTENS to your concerns/wishes and uses his expertise to give you a result better than you could have imagined. Russell is the real deal. You would be missing out on beautiful makeup and literally the PERFECT vibe for your wedding morning if you don't choose him as your makeup artist. So..... YES, i would recommend him! He is the BEST.

Brett
Brett

Married on 08/10/2019

Gorgeous!!!

Look no further for your makeup and hair needs! MAKEUP Russell, Julia, and Ashleigh did a fabulous job. We all looked beautiful! My mother, who is always self-conscious about her looks gave what might ... Read more might be the biggest compliment any makeup artist could receive. She said, "He made me look like my younger self!" The entire team was very patient and kind. They worked well with a girl who was inexperienced with makeup and kept asking to try different things. Russell was very understanding of my overly sensitive eyes. In the past, makeup artists always get frustrated and nasty. I know it's frustrating, but I can't help it, but Russell was a champ. He understood and gave me breaks for a few seconds to stop tearing up and to to recenter. He never once made me feel badly for being fidgety. I have always dreaded having my makeup done, but I learned after my trial with Russell that I was in perfect hands! He and all of his team kept us laughing and smiling and having fun during what could be a stressful time. Russell also took some time to give great advice and mentorship to my teenage cousin/bridesmaid who is a budding makeup artist. It meant so much to me, to her parents, and of course to her that he recognized her talent and took time out to help her on her way. HAIR Madison was just fabulous! My hair stayed in all night. She worked quickly and efficiently but did a great job! She was very patient with my five year old flower girl who was very excited and made her look adorable! Two days before the wedding, I asked if, after she was done with the bridal party and moms, Madison could run up to a guest who was in the US from Australia from our wedding. This last minute addition didn't faze her, and our friend looked absolutely lovely! I live in New York and it was scary for me to choose vendors for my wedding when I live so far away from where my wedding was. I was most worried about hair and makeup, but Russell and his team were exactly what I wanted, and they really delivered in their talent, kindness, and positivity!

M
Meredith Gardner

Married on 08/03/2019

Russell & His Team are unlike no other

Russell & Sarah are dynamite! Russell was recommended to me by a friend of both mine and his. She swore by him and said I would not be disapointed and that is the truth. By the end of the makeup trial ... Read more I knew that he would be perfect for not only the day of my wedding but a friend for life! Russell and Sarah made sure everything went smooth and kept me calm since anxiety levels were running high. And can I just say that everyone who had their makeup done looked incredible. They truly are the best pair and I will be using them for further events. Thank you Russell & Sarah! You killed it