A Cottage Gardener

Ambler, Pennsylvania · View map · Visit website

About A Cottage Gardener

A Cottage Gardener, owned by Kim Bakke, is a boutique flower design studio located in Ambler, Pennsylvania that is run by creative romantics who thrive on bringing your visions to life.Their designs are personalized to match each unique client, ensuring that even though their colors may fade, they’ll provide fresh, vivid memories for years to come.

From shopping at New York's flower market to local Philadelphia growers to treasures found along the road side, Kim takes into consideration every avenue to make your wedding all you dreamed of.

30 Reviews for A Cottage Gardener

30 A Cottage Gardener Reviews

E
Featured
Elizabeth

Married on 07/09/2016

Kim is an absolute pleasure to work with. When I say that my husband and I were lucky to have her as our wedding florist it is an Understatement! Not only is her quality of work incredible, but her ... Read more attention to detail and desire to bring a bride's vision to life are unparalleled. Kim is not only a wonderful florist but a truly genuine and honest person and that was what made it so easy and enjoyable to trust her with our dream wedding and vision. Kim will make sure that you get exactly what you want on your big day and she will go above and beyond your expectations. From colors to textures to design, Kim hit all the marks on my big day and brought the beauty of nature inside when my outdoor ceremony was moved indoors because of weather. My floral arrangements and bouquets were one of the best parts of my wedding (literally brought tears to my eyes) and by far the most beautiful. I am one of those brides who ignored all those blogs about not going all out on flowers and I'm so glad that I did! I could not possibly recommend anyone better for your big day. -From a sincerely grateful bride!

R
Rupak

Married on 03/31/2018

Hiring Kimberly Bakke and her staff at A Cottage Gardener was the best choice we made for these reasons: 1) Excellent Value- Kim worked with us on our budget, and was not afraid to tell us what ... Read more options were most important and matched what we wanted, and which ones were less necessary and could be cut to save money. She would reuse items if they could be repurposed for later events during our wedding, which we really appreciated because she could have easily insisted we purchase separate items for each event. 2) Dedication to clients- To get the best flowers available, Kim went all the way to New York City to shop at premier flower markets. It was there that she found these unique gray flowers that really added a nice nuance to our color palette. what was most touching was how enthusiastic Kim was about trying new and unfamiliar things. We asked her to decorate a mandap for an Assamese Indian wedding, which we planned by looking at photos. We asked for a traditional floral thyme crown for me, which she decided to mix with rosemary for structural stability. We also asked for red and white flower garlands for the Hindu ceremony, and she learned how to make them by speaking with another florist at the New York City flower markets. These gestures meant so much to us!

P
Paige

Married on 11/18/2017

Thank God for Kim! I needed to hire someone that I could explain my vibe for the wedding to and have them run with it. I wanted someone who's vision I could trust and they could really just take over ... Read more and do their thing (I really don't know what i'm doing when it comes to flowers!)-- and Kim was absolutely perfect in every single way. She is so gifted, it's truly amazing. I really didn't know how to explain what I wanted and Kim just understand me and the vibe I was looking for without me really even saying it. I completly trusted her vision and knew I would love absolutely anything she created. What she made for us was truly beyond my wildest imagination. Our reception was breath taking and I still have people talking to me about how beautiful, playful, elegent and whimsical (all rolled into one!) everything was. She absolutely nailed the vintage look I was going for with both my bouquet and my bridesmaids bouquets. Beyond all of this---Kim was an absolute pleasure to work with and has made us feel like her friends, rather than just a client, throughout the entire process. My parents were absolutely enamored by what she created and we could not be more thrilled that she will be the florist for my sister's wedding in May. My husband and I are also just excited that we get to hang out with her again too!!