A Fitting Creation

Clayton, Indiana · View map · Visit website

About A Fitting Creation

A Fitting Creation is a tailor and seamstress service based in Clayton, Indiana. Owner Dianne Frewer has over 40 years experience in the business, and she'll work with you to tailor your gown or suit to perfection, or even bring a custom design to life. She is an active member of the Association of Sewing and Design Professionals, and she is currently working towards her Master of Sewing and Design Professional Certificate. Dianne ensures that every detail is perfect, and she will arrange fitting after fitting until you are completely satisfied and ready to walk down the aisle.

As well as altering your formal dress, bridal gown, or suit, A Fitting Creation will work with you to create a one-of-a-kind piece that is uniquely yours. With Dianne's sewing experience, she's able to create anything you can dream of, whether you imagine yourself traditional white wedding gown or something modern and eclectic that you can't find anywhere else. Dianne also specializes in creating wedding attire for your entire wedding party, including mothers, bridesmaids, and flower girls.

14 Reviews for A Fitting Creation

14 A Fitting Creation Reviews

Charla
Featured
Charla

Married on 03/27/2015

WOW! I don't even know where to begin. I found this wonderful service at a local bridal show and I'm very grateful I did. When I went to my first appointment I was a little worried because her home ... Read more is so far from Indianapolis. This wasn't a quick trip down the road (but still worth it). The shop is located behind Dianne's home and perfect. She helped me with my dress and we quickly went through all of my alterations needs. The services were exactly as I expected and the price was right. A few weeks later my FMIL (currently MIL now) realized that she wanted a small bolero jacket to go with her dress and I suggested Dianne. Dianne was able to make her the cutest jacket that fit her style and the style of the wedding perfectly. Dianne even offered to make my wedding veil when I expressed my frustrations with pricing and options. The icing on the cake though was the Fairy Godmother Service. Dianne and her assistant came to the venue and brought my dress and a few of the bridesmaid's dresses. She steamed everyone's dresses, made sure we all got into them with out messing up our hair or makeup. Overall, Dianne made sure everyone in the wedding party looked good. A few people needed double sided tape or static guard and Dianne came to the rescue with her bag of goodies. She even made sure all the groomsmen had their lapel pins at the same height and that their pocket squares were folded the same. Her services were truly a Godsend.

D
Demi

Married on 07/14/2018

Dianne was absolutely amazing! She really makes you feel like family as soon as you walk into her door. She's honest, reasonable, and just all around fun to work with. She altered my ball gown for a ... Read more military ball last fall and I knew right then that she would be the lady to work on my wedding gown. It was not an easy alteration by any means but with her talent she got the job done and really made me feel beautiful on my big day. I'm so thankful to have met my lifelong alterations lady and even better, a lifelong friend.

A
Ashley

Married on 02/11/2017

Diane did a beautiful job adding a corset to my bridal gown, and hemming 3 dresses for the bridal party. She has amother great service, called the Fairy God Mother Service, where she delivers and ... Read more steams the dresses the day of, but will also make sure everyone looks their very best. I was hesitant to book this service, only because if you don't need a quick stitch or button replaced, it's kind of pricey...BUT I am so thankful I did! Davids Bridal botched an alteration on a dress and didn't give it back until 2 days before my wedding. The top of the dress was 8" too big! It looked terrible, my bridesmaid was embarrassed and we were left with one option, Diane! Diane got us all dressed and ready so she could focus soley on this dress. After about 20 minutes of adjusting and pinning the dress fit like it was supposed to and you couldn't even tell the pins where in there. Don't skimp and try to save money by not booking this service. If we hadn't had Diane that day, it wouldn't have been the best it could have been for myself or my bridesmaid.