A Private Estate

Germantown, New York, Ne · View map · Visit website

About A Private Estate

A Private Estate is a secluded 19th-century Livingston mansion welcoming couples from beginning of May until November in the heart of the Hudson Valley, north of Rhinebeck NY and south of Hudson, NY. Merely a two hour drive or Amtrak ride, north of New York City and three hours directly west of Boston its perfect for a day trip or weekend away. This manicured National Register property features both riverside grounds and an historic barn complex. The half-mile of riverside frontage is dotted with three hundred year old oak trees and an acre lake. Wedding Ceremonies take place over looking both the Hudson river and the Catskill mountains or in front of the lake. Beginning in the summer of 2019 a dedicated tent space perched over the river that can accomodate the largest of wedding receptions is opening. The 19th-century barn complex where rehearsal dinners or wedding receptions can be held sits upon the hill behind the mansion and Carriage House. You can make a whole weekend of it with touch football in the Garden area or a morning brunch the day after. We are here for you!

Facilities and Capacity
With a maximum capacity of 275 guests, couples can host their ceremonies and receptions on the intimate estate grounds. The well-groomed lawn offers both a ceremony space and a custom tent space both with backdrops of the Hudson River and Catskill Mountains. The white mansion's veranda and its surrounding grounds which overlooks both these spaces with its tall windows and grand porticos is the perfect place for your cocktail hour. The barn complex features a brick barn with indoor bathrooms, large caterers prep kitchen, potable water, indoor bathrooms (2 mens, 2 women, 1 handicapped) and alternative ceremony space. The wood barn has two levels and exposed wood rafters for a romantic country feel and can seat up to 120 people without additonal tenting. Its stone patio is ideal for dancing. The bespoke fire pit is managed by the staff and our Adirondack chairs are placed around the fire pit and the lawns for your guests enjoyment.

The venue offers on site property manager that coordinates with your vendors along wth three different rental packages that range from chairs and table to deluxe offerings. A Private Estate also offers additonal staffing for every aspect of your event.

Accommodations
Two homes on the property offer accommodations to couples and their guests. The Carriage House sleeps up to 12 in its four bedrooms (3 with en-suite bathrooms) and upstairs living area. The Carriage House is fully air-conditioned with wifi, apple tv, working ice maker, full washroom facility including a steamer for your formalwear. In the autumn months aged wood is provided for the wood-burning fireplace. Rental of the Carriage house is required in the Fall and holiday weekends but 90 % of our wedding couples rent it anyway as its the perfect place for the bride and her friends to get ready and provides a place for children and baby sitters to be parked during the wedding reception that is only two minutes away. The second option for lodging is our Creekside Cabin. Built in 2017, the cabin is fully air conditioned and heated and can sleep up to 6. It was designed for the groom and his friends or a family with kids. It has fiber optic wifi, working ice maker and covered porch that overlooks a woodland stream.

Please inquire about additional housing when you come visit.

39 Reviews for A Private Estate

39 A Private Estate Reviews

E
Featured
Emily

Married on 10/27/2018

I will never be able to fully put into words how special "A Private Estate" is. But I'll try! We chose the venue because it was beautiful, spacious, and mainly because we really got a great vibe from ... Read more from both Ripley and Jack. It was obvious from two tours that they took so much pride in what they did and expected as much from all the vendors who came on site. They recommended a wedding planner to us who was equally as amazing. The week of my late October, fully outdoor wedding, the weather said "nor'easter". I was absolutely devastated, in a way I never expected to be. I had no idea how the wedding was going to work... I feared early departures and disappointed (older! Floridian!) relatives. I cried all the way up to the venue, and as Jack was explaining the property to us, I started to cry again... my friends will never let me forget this! Now its funny... Jack didn't blink an eye. 10 minutes later he returned with firewood and two bottles of wine. My mom, who was also losing her mind at this point, and I walked down by the front of the house. We thought we wouldn't be able to use that part of the venue... Jack came over, and 30 minutes later I couldn't care less what the weather would bring. I knew that everything was going to be perfect. And it was. We poked around the barn as it was getting set up, asked another billion questions, and were just constantly reassured that everything would be great. "A Private Estate" is not a wedding factory pumping out events. It is so, so special. The entire weekend, the carriage house, felt so personal. My bridal party, my family, the groomsmen, all got to spend so much time together, crafting and bonding, getting ready the day of. The day of the wedding Jack worked so incredibly hard, in freezing rain and crazy wind, to pull off a wedding that every guest said was the best they'd ever been to. Despite the crazy, cold weather, we got to utilize every part of the venue, kept people warm, and Jack was still able to light the fire by the end of the night. A Private Estate is a beautiful Hudson Valley venue, but it is unique from all the others because of the care and hard work that goes into every detail. I can't imagine you'd find a venue more invested in each wedding they host than A Private Estate, or a person more compassionate and dedicated than Jack. This truly doesn't do the day of our wedding justice. Nor'easter and all, we wouldn't have changed a thing. Thank you A Private Estate

J
Jen

Married on 09/29/2018

Excellent!

My husband and I recently got married at A Private Estate and our wedding day was nothing short of wonderful! Our search for the perfect venue was over the second we entered the property - from the ... Read more secluded and private location, to the jaw dropping mountain views, and spacious two-story barn. Ripley (property owner) and Jack (property manager) were absolutely fabulous and extremely helpful throughout the process of planning our special day. Ripley always answered our e-mails in a timely manner and offered valuable assistance while planning. When we arrived the weekend of our wedding, Ripley and Jack were both readily available to us and helped us mitigate minor challenges, providing support and reassurance! Our guests thoroughly enjoyed the uniquely versatile space that A Private Estate has to offer and we will be forever grateful to Ripley and Jack!

A
Alicia

Married on 08/04/2018

Best Venue/Staff Ever

Not only is the venue stunning, the staff is beyond helpful and cares deeply that the event is 100% perfect. I can't recommend this venue enough! Read more Not only is the venue stunning, the staff is beyond helpful and cares deeply that the event is 100% perfect. I can't recommend this venue enough!