A Thyme To Cook Catering

North Stonington, CT · View map · Visit website

About A Thyme To Cook Catering

A Thyme to Cook, a bespoke, female owned business for 35 years, is a dedicated team of culinary and design creatives with a diverse crew. We believe in relationships over convenience and are diligent about combining your desires with our culinary passion to create a perfectly curated experience just for you, your family and your guests.

We impart integrity in all that we do. Booking every single event is not our goal. We don’t strive to be the biggest, we strive to be the best. We’re active partners in our local community and give back to many local non-profit organizations including the St. Vincent DePaul Food Bank, Wheeler Library, Safe Futures, Mystic Arts Festival and many more. We care about the impact we make on the Earth and are proud of our 3-star Certified Green Catering distinction.

We build a kitchen and fire up the ovens for every event to cook everything fresh onsite. We have an in-house cheesemonger, pastry chef on staff, order fresh quality ingredients weekly, slice our own meats, make our own breads, and design new flavor combinations daily. We love what we do!

Our team is wildly creative, joyful, personal and compassionate. We interpret your desires in a way only we can, to create a unique experience just for you. We’re open to all ideas and take on every challenge with a fresh perspective.

Cuisine
A Thyme To Cook Catering is a boutique caterer that offers diverse cuisine styles to best fit your needs, offering options for dietary needs like:

• Vegan
  • Vegetarian
  • Gluten-free
  • Lactose-free
  • Nut-free
  • Kosher

We also offer bar service, desserts and cakes. Some of the cuisine styles we offer include:

• American
  • African
  • Italian
  • French
  • Latin American
  • Mediterranean
  • Middle Eastern
  • Cajun
  • Mexican, and much more!

A Thyme To Cook Catering doesn't stop there, also offering:

Featured
Heather Planchon

Married on 06/29/2019

Above and Beyond

It is hard to even put into words how happy we were that we chose ATTC for our catering service, particularly because it feels like they were so much more than simply that. They provided not only the ... Read more most delicious food (we are still getting compliments almost a month later!), but made sure every last detail of the day was perfect and stress-free so that we could enjoy the day itself! From coordinating our rentals and helping with other vendors, to designing and creating beautiful details, and even making sure that we had drinks on the dance floor all night long, ATTC went above and beyond every step of the way! From the moment we reached out to ATTC, they were extremely responsive and helpful. Their professionalism was apparent and they even went so far as to research specific food trucks and glassware that we expressed interest in right off the bat! One of my favorite things about ATTC is that they are not like other catering services where you simply choose from a given menu. Instead, they listen to your food favorites (like late-night chicken nuggets and fries) and ideas and create an entire menu tailored to you. They are realistic and up front about the cost of specific things and help you create a menu that is within your budget. For example, we imagined a cheese/meat station during cocktail hour, but instead opted for an unbelievable bruschetta bar, per their suggestion. They are flexible as you go through the process of creating and finalizing the menu, as well. They are truly there to make sure your day is all that you want it to be and meets all of your needs! Another thing I loved about ATTC is that they match you with an in-house coordinator to help you out with the process, vendors, and day of details. We were matched with Meaghan and we couldn't have been luckier! Meaghan answered seemingly endless emails and texts, and even an hour long phone call to make sure that every last detail was perfect...all while planning HER OWN wedding. She was patient, kind, and always reassuring. Meaghan has the ability to make you feel like you are simultaneously the only wedding she is coordinating with her attention and detail and the thousandth wedding she has done with her confidence and execution. I am the first to say that I was a "type A" bride, so letting go of control and allowing others to put things together on the wedding day itself wasn't easy for me. However, I felt 100% confident that Meaghan and her team would bring our vision to life and they knocked it out of the park. Every single thing was impeccably designed and beautifully done- more than I ever could have imagined! In addition to being an amazing coordinator, Meaghan became a true friend along the way and made the entire process feel personal and comfortable. Along with the design and details of the day itself, the entire ATTC staff was outstanding in terms of service. They were friendly, attentive, and made sure we actually ate on the big day! Tammy, our designated attendant for the bride/groom on the day of, greeted us immediately after walking down the aisle after the ceremony with our signature drinks and even brought over a tray of appetizers while we finished up photos. My husband and I wanted to take a minute before joining cocktail hour to reset before the chaos of the night, and we went to the bridal suite to find a tray of appetizers (a few of everything- including the bruschetta bar!), waters, and drinks delivered by Tammy herself. She made sure we ate our dinners, enjoyed our night, and even found us on the dance floor every time we didn't have drinks in our hand! She was just the best! Clearly, I could go on forever about ATTC, but if you have made it this far, know that you CANNOT go wrong with them! I wish that there was an option for more stars, because 5 just is not enough to encapsulate all that they do and how well they do it. They are so much more than just a catering company and we can't thank them enough for making our wedding truly the best day ever!

Chelsea
Chelsea Bourn

Married on 06/15/2019

Personalized Perfection

There are not enough stars to represent how pleased we were with A Thyme to Cook. From our first inquiry, we were impressed with their timely responses and their commitment to making our wedding day ... Read more special and personalized. Before we officially booked with them, they even contacted a food truck on our behalf to determine pricing for a late night snack! After officially booking, we were assigned Meaghan as our wedding coordinator. She replied promptly and thoughtfully to my (many) questions and always made me feel like our wedding was her priority (even though I know she was working on 23980 other weddings). They worked diligently to create our wedding menu from scratch- this is not a vendor with boring standard wedding pre-fix options! The day of, Meaghan and the ATTC team ensured everything ran smoothly and that my husband and I were not bothered with wedding day details. Somehow, Meaghan coordinated getting 3 cases of wine out of my husbands car without either of us being bothered. ATTC even sent a staff person out mid-wedding to purchase more seltzer because our guests liked it so much. It was not until after the wedding that I became aware of these small (but important) details that they seamlessly organized. This allowed my husband and I to enjoy our day, which I truthfully feel was Meaghan and ATTC's priority. In addition to all the perfect coordinating, the food was AMAZING (and we actually got to eat it because ATTC provides a designated attendant to the wedding couple who takes care of things that couples usually forget to do). Many of our guests raved that it was the best wedding food they ever had, and my husband and I agree. If you are feeling apprehensive of the cost of ATTC, please know that the food, service, support, coordinating, care, and attention to detail are worth twice as much as they charge. The services they provided are the reason our wedding was perfect (in our totally non-biased opinion). And they dont add a bunch of fees on later, which is out of the ordinary for wedding vendors :) LOVE LOVE LOVE ATTC and wish we could get married every day over and over with their help!

Erin
Erin Malley

Married on 06/09/2019

Absolutely Amazing

If I could give ten stars I would! A Thyme to Cook did an amazing job catering our wedding in June--from start to finish everyone we worked with was so lovely, experienced, professional, and ... Read more accommodating (shout out to Allison and Liz, who were so great!). I don’t even have words to describe how wonderful the food was--I wish I could go back in time and relive it. Everything was cooked fresh on site at our venue, which we found NO other vendors in the area do. The entire menu was customized to what we wanted, instead of just picked from a generic list of offerings. A Thyme to Cook also assigns a special attendant just for the wedding couple on the day of (we had Elizabeth!) to make sure that we got to try every last thing on the menu and that we always had a drink in our hands. They also catered my bridal shower, which was just as great. I am so, so glad that we chose ATTC as our caterer, there just isn’t anyone better out there.