Aaron Watson Photography

Charlottesville, VA · View map · Visit website

About Aaron Watson Photography

Aaron Watson Photography is a wedding photography company based in Charlottesville, Virginia, about one hour’s drive from Richmond.

Experience

Award-winning photographer Aaron Watson, with his wife Lisa, and the AWP team, have over 15 years of experience in shooting wedding photography in the Charlottesville area and at destination weddings worldwide. Combining lifestyle and storytelling photography, they capture the personalities and emotions of the day in photographs. Their work features often in publications such as Martha Stewart Wedding, Virginia Living, and Charlottesville Wine & Country. Aaron Watson Photography actively supports many organizations and charities within the Charlottesville community including annual fundraisers for UVA Children’s Hospital, Charlottesville/Albemarle SPCA, the Big Gig and many more.

51 Reviews for Aaron Watson Photography

51 Aaron Watson Photography Reviews

A
Featured
Armin

Married on 05/11/2019

Extremely talented and professional! Beyond thrilled that we chose Aaron Watson Photography!

The quick version is – YOU MUST HIRE AARON. Don’t think twice about it. He was our favorite vendor and one of our best decisions! Aaron is all of the things that matter most. A true professional, ... Read more extremely talented, experienced, flexible and excellent about communication and follow up. You may not realize how much time you spend with your photographer on your wedding day but it’s A LOT. It’s important to be with someone (like Aaron) who is kind, fun, easy-going and who is as happy to be there as you are! The longer version is - I am one of those people who rarely likes pictures of myself and I was blown away by Aaron’s work! Our photos were stunning, flattering, and captured all of the details and emotions of the day. I felt like I was looking at a fairy tale story of our wedding day. The turn-around time was also impressive. Aaron worked to learn about us as a couple (such as wanting to know our personal love story!) and asked about what is important to us (including what wedding elements we cared about most, details of family dynamics, etc) and created a detailed wedding day timeline. What impressed me MOST was that despite this thoughtfully planned timeline, he was incredibly flexible on our actual wedding day! The rain had resulted in a lot of back and forth about ceremony location and start time and changed some of our planned locations for photos. Aaron and his team seamlessly went with the flow and altered their timeline as needed and STILL managed to capture all of the shots and moments we were hoping for. Only someone as talented and experienced as Aaron could've pulled this off the way he did. Your wedding photos are an investment. It is the one thing you will have when the whirlwind of your wedding day is over. You must choose Aaron. I could never recommend him enough.

K
K Devine

Getting married on 10/05/2019

Beautiful Pictures

Aaron Watson did my engagement photos and bridal portraits; he will also be doing our wedding photos. Both came out beautiful! The photos are absolutely incredible! He is very professional and ... Read more helpful! The entire process was stress free and easy. I recommend using him!

Stephanie
Stephanie Bevill

Getting married on 10/05/2019

Amazing Engagement and Elopement Photos

My husband and I had the most wonderful experience with Aaron and his team for both our engagement and our elopement photos. We did both our sessions at the Albemarle Estate at Trump Winery, and would ... Read more couldn't have asked for anything better than we received! Aaron knew exactly where to shoot around the property and paid so much attention to the small details. We had a blast! Our pictures are absolutely amazing memories that we love looking at and reminiscing about! The quality of our photo books and the prints/framed pieces are top notch. We are so happy with everything! We hope to use him for years to come with our life adventures!