Adele Amelia

Savannah, GA · View map

About Adele Amelia

Welcome to Adele Amelia, your source for bridal accessories that perfectly compliment even the most discerning bride and, of course, that special dress. Using the finest laces, fabrics, beads and vintage treasures from around the world, I personally handcraft a range of wedding accessories--from unusual birdcages and fascinators to formal cathedral length veils. I also design one-of-a-kind sashes.

All work is done by me in my Savannah studio. The purpose of this site is to show you some my work, give you a sense of my design background and how I approach working personally with clients-- primarily through fine retail bridal shops in Savannah and Charleston.

I was trained at Parsons the New School for Design in Manhattan. After college, I started my own boutique in Chelsea. I called it Bumbleberry's and that’s where I learned about different kinds of lace and discovered how well lace works in unusual ways: denim jackets, sneakers, and jewelry. I designed lace-covered hi-tops for a Joan Vass Couture show during Fashion Week in New York City, and hand-painted sneakers for Michael Jackson’s Fashion Premier at The Palladium. I created custom denim and lace skirts for Helen Mirren to wear in the film "The Mosquito Coast".

??Today, I am delighted to again be working with lace (now in more traditional ways). I also use old silks, crystals, beads and other vintage treasures. I inherited a cedar chest from my great-grandmother that is filled with antique laces and fabrics, silk dresses, an amazing ostrich plume, a hand-painted fan from Paris, and her silk wedding shoes. These are inspirations for customizing unique heirloom pieces that fit each bride’s individual taste.

I love collaborating with brides-to-be and since so many of my creations are found in retail bridal shops in Savannah and Charleston, most of my collaborations are through a retail establishment. However I do also welcome on-line inquiries and collaborations from brides-to-be who live outside our local region.?

1 Reviews for Adele Amelia

1 Adele Amelia Reviews

M
Meg

Married on 05/19/2018

The designer of the accessories line and the owner of the bridal salon met with me in a very accomodating way and helped me pick the perfect headband and sash. Perfect! My sash just arrived in the ... Read more mail and is even more gorgeous than the sample

Adele Amelia FAQ