Affectionate Confections

Bar Harbor, Maine, ME · View map · Visit website

About Affectionate Confections

Serving Bar Harbor, Maine and its surrounding communities, boutique bakery Affectionate Confections specializes in wedding cakes, chocolates, and breads. Established in 2009 by owner and founder Jacqueline Spofford, Affectionate Confections is dedicated to crafting delicious confectionary masterpieces customized to your needs and preferences. A graduate of the Le Cordon Bleu’s Patisserie Chef program, Jacqueline bakes all of her bakery products in her state-licensed home kitchen.

Affectionate Confections is passionate about customer satisfaction, and endeavors to create tasteful, high-quality products without breaking your budget. Any bakery purchase includes the cost of consultations, private tastings, custom designs, setup, and delivery. All items are made to order to ensure freshness and encourage customer personalization. Jacqueline specializes in both buttercream and fondant-covered wedding cakes. Whether you want a simple chocolate or vanilla cake with buttercream or desire a more complex flavor and design, Affectionate Confections can create almost any flavor combination. For your convenience, gluten-free and dairy-free cake options are available. The following wedding desserts can also be provided upon request:

• Cake pops

A
Featured
Allyson

Married on 06/17/2017

Jacqueline Spofford, the owner of Affectionate Confections and pastry chef extraordinaire, was absolutely wonderful to work with! She far exceeded my expectations! I sent her a few pictures of wedding ... Read more wedding cake designs that I liked and left it up to her to create something similar. Wow - her beautiful and classic design blew me away. I was overjoyed when I saw how elegant it was! I couldn't decide on a flavor, as her descriptions all sounded so yummy - so I went with a chocolate cake with chocolate ganache filling for the bottom tier and almond cake with almond filling for the top two tiers. The whole cake was then iced with a butter cream frosting and decorated with a delicate but ornate design. Words cannot express how beautiful and tasty it was. My guests are all still talking about it! And if that weren't enough, I told her that I was hoping to elevate the cake so that the bridal bouquets could be placed below and around the cake. I told her that the cake stand that I had was too unstable. She then constructed and brought with her a riser that she placed under the table cloth, elevating her beautiful cake just enough so as not to be hidden by the bouquets. Marvelous!

S
susie

Married on 01/07/2017

Our cake looked, and tasted gorgeous! I almost didn't even want to cut into it it was so perfect! Read more Our cake looked, and tasted gorgeous! I almost didn't even want to cut into it it was so perfect!

J
Jennifer

Married on 09/10/2016

I cannot recommend Affectionate Confections enough! I am gluten-free, and was concerned that I would not find someone who could make a yummy, and beautiful, GF wedding cake. I also had ideas on what I ... Read more I wanted my cake to look like, but was not the best at explaining it. Affectionate Confections took all my requests, and then made an exquisite cake. Everything went seamlessly, and I 100% recommend this vendor!