Aldrich House

Providence, RI · View map · Visit website

About Aldrich House

The Aldrich House was given to the Rhode Island Historical Society in 1974 by the heirs of Winthrop W. Aldrich, prominent New York banker and Ambassador to Great Britain. Among the many distinguished Aldrich family members were Senator Nelson Aldrich, one of the founders of the Federal Reserve Banking System, and former Vice President Nelson A. Rockefeller.

The Aldrich House opened for Society use in 1979.
The Aldrich House provides a spectacular venue for any event, indoors or outdoors. We have played host to:
Bar & Bat Mitzvahs, Birthday and Anniversary Parties, Corporate Functions, Holiday Parties, Cocktail Parties, Seminars and Conferences,
Annual General Meetings.

There is a perfect beginning to every and any event. Let us help by providing you with our recommended caterers and florists.

54 Reviews for Aldrich House

54 Aldrich House Reviews

T
Featured
Tessa

Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing wedding venue

By far the best value in Rhode Island. Our wedding was classy and elegant. We had the ceremony outside in the backyard, cocktails in the ballroom, dinner in a tent and dancing back in the ballroom. ... Read more Renata was so easy to work with and everything was a dream. If we could get married again, we would do it at Aldrich House in a heartbeat.

L
Leslie

Married on 09/22/2018

The venue speaks for itself- romantic, whimsical, garden-y, elegant but NOT stuffy! I had ceremony in garden, cocktail hour in ballroom and dinner in tent outside. There is also huge wall painting of ... Read more old historical Providence from early 1900s to give it the historical touch. The place was so beautiful on its own - that i needed minimal decor- just flowers. The event coordinator was a great lady. She was very flexible ( I visited the place several times to show to my fiance, photographer, friends etc). She got back to me via email always within 24 hours answering all of my bridal weird/panicky questions that I had and not so weird questions. She steered me towards helpful vendors that they also partnered with so that it made the whole process less daunting. She was reliable, good spirited and made herself very available. Something I did not know I would come to really appreciate, because there are wedding people out there that weren't! I loved this place, was such a gem situated right in surrounding cobble street neighborhood of east side Providence. Thank you Aldrich house, you guys were dope!

M
Magdalene

Married on 10/08/2017

Our wedding at the Nelson Aldrich house was perfect. We had 80 guests and the room we got married in provided a big yet intimate feel. The grounds are beautiful and allowed us plenty of outdoor photo ... Read more ops. The staff were accommodating and incredibly helpful and responsive. I am very happy to have gotten married at the Rhode Island Historical Society HQ, it made our day that much more special to us RI natives.