Alyeska Resort

Girdwood, AK · View map · Visit website

About Alyeska Resort

Alyeska Resort is a premier wedding venue located in Girdwood, Alaska. Couples can host their dream wedding with the stunning Chugach Mountains as a backdrop. Settled in a valley surrounded by mountain peaks, glaciers, and a scenic view of the ocean, the venue provides guests with luxurious accommodations and access to the magnificent Alaskan wilderness.

Facilities and Capacity
Alyeska Resort offers a variety of indoor and outdoor event spaces. From traditional banquet-style receptions to private outdoor celebrations, the venue offers spaces that are fully customizable to couples' preferences. The resort can accommodate a maximum of 200 guests in any of the following facilities:

• Columbia ballroom
  • Kahiltna court
  • Pond courtyard

Alyeska Resort provides a variety of services for wedding ceremonies, receptions, engagement parties, rehearsal dinners, and elopements. These services include:

• Accommodations
  • Liability insurance
  • Event planning
  • Outside vendors

Cuisine
Alyeska Resort has several restaurants, each with unique settings and specialties. It provides various serving options such as buffet, dessert, stations, plated, and more.

Accommodation
The Hotel Alyeska provides luxurious accommodations for couples and guests. Its featured guest amenities include a 60-passenger aerial scenic tram, a saltwater pool, a whirlpool, a fitness center, and more.

22 Reviews for Alyeska Resort

22 Alyeska Resort Reviews

M
Featured
Michele

Married on 06/16/2013

We chose to have our ceremony and reception at the Alyeska Resort. It was June and a perfect time of year up in Alaska. Their gardens were filled with beautiful tulips and wild flowers. Not only does ... Read more the resort have an amazing backdrop of mountains but it also has a pond. We had our ceremony outside in a gazebo by the pond. They had a back-up tent ready in case it rained. Jennifer McCombs was our event coordinator and she was available the many times during the 6 months that lead up to our event when I had questions. My husband and I live in Virginia and had to do many transactions via e-mail and fax. Although Jennifer was not there the day of our wedding, the wait staff and maitre'd were attentive and helped our event run smoothly. This hotel not only held our event in one of their two ballrooms but the it has an amazing spa where I got myself and my bridesmaids massages and it even has a Starbucks in the resort! I would recommend this venue to anyone interested in having an event in this area.

M
Melanie Cordell

Married on 06/20/2019

Amazing experience

I had just an amazing experience here! Jennifer was friendly and super helpful with everything! Food was amazing and would recommend to anyone Read more I had just an amazing experience here! Jennifer was friendly and super helpful with everything! Food was amazing and would recommend to anyone

Julie
Julie

Married on 10/13/2018

Beyond all expectations! Fabulous!

I chose to have my reception at the Alyeska Hotel for a number of reasons. After comparing prices at the hotel and nearby places where I would be responsible for doing everything, there was simply not ... Read more not that much difference in price. But there was a HUGE difference in service, meaning I didn't have to do that much. Jennifer McCombs at Alyeska was my contact. She was patient and ever so professional. She always returned my calls or emails. Every little detail at the reception was taken care of. My friends did the decorating and DJ/emcee work. The hotel had a food tasting to choose different buffet selections and desserts. My parents and I and my husband met with the chef and the pastry chef, who had prepared an elegant tasting for us. I knew I wanted to have prime rib, but usually buffet prime rib is overdone and not very tasty. This was excellent prime rib. The desserts were little works of art. I got and am still getting so many compliments on the food and everything else. I live in Anchorage and was staying at the hotel as were several guests both local and from out of state. I have to say (without prejudice) this was the best wedding and reception I have ever attended. This is due in large part to Jennifer and the Alyeska Hotel. Would I recommend them to a friend? Absolutely! Without a doubt.