Amore Events

Charlottesville, VA · View map · Visit website

About Amore Events

A full-service wedding planner in Charlottesville, Virginia, Amore Events brings care, compassion and creativity to every event it creates. Taking a fresh approach to each celebration, the company believes your event should be as unique as your union. Encouraging personalized concepts through an understanding of wedding industry trends, Amore Events is sure to infuse your affair with the style and imagination it deserves!

Experience
Award-winning Event Planners Karen McGrath and Cody Smith are seasoned professionals. Together they have 20+ years of small and large-scale events in Central Virginia, Regionally, and Nationally. Karen and Cody's team of planners, consultants and assistants contribute to Amore's successes.

Karen, Cody and and their team take great pride in providing an unparalleled level of service to all couples. To ensure no stone goes unturned and no detail is overlooked, the following services are provided:

• Consultation

N
Featured
Nicole

Married on 02/26/2016

Cody is not just a wedding planner, she's an amazing and passionate human being FIRST. It just so happens, she's PRETTY DAMN GOOD at wedding planning. I'M TELLING YOU, BRIDE TO BRIDE, WOMAN TO WOMAN, ... Read more YOU NEED HER. Every bride needs the positivity that Cody exudes. Her enthusiasm, her love for you and your ideas, everything, is contagious. In the times where I ever doubted anything, freaked out over nothing, she was there to tell me everything was going to be O.K. and not to stress out. She understands the process and she WANTS to be a true friend to you and she WANTS you to be able to tell her anything. Because she WANTS to be that for you, because THAT is the person that she is. The actual wedding planning and logistics seemed almost too easy because of Cody. In February, she heard all my ideas; by April we had talked to all the vendors; and by October we were just waiting until the wedding February. She knew exactly what I wanted, she knew exactly who to go to, she knew exactly what to get. And I just needed to show up! The day OF the wedding, went off without a hitch!!! I mean, I cant believe how much I DIDNT have to do. All my guests told me, "that was such a good Idea!" ...That was cody. "Oh I really like how you put [these] there"....That was cody. Like I said, she made a vision come true. to every last detail! And I didn't have the typical country-rustic wedding. We had FULL RED CARPET, full GLAM, and FULL GRAND wedding. Which was no easy feat!! She has such a good rapport with vendors which made everything SO MUCH easier. I honestly don't know what I would have done without Cody. Stop wasting your time looking for wedding planners and just get Cody. There will never be enough words to describe all that she has done and all that she is. I will be forever thankful.

T
Tara

Married on 06/07/2019

You need Cody, even if you think you don't.

Cody was, hands down, the absolutely best decision we made when planning our wedding. From the first moment we spoke, I knew she was the woman for us. From day one and through the big day, she was ... Read more there for me & us every step of the way– attentive, honest, insightful, sensitive to my budget, patient, responsive, and basically my best friend when it came to all things wedding. To be honest, when we first got engaged we didn't think we needed a planner– I'm good at planning things, how hard could it be? I definitely made the BEST call by going with Cody. She is an absolute PRO, and knows how to to make everything you want happen. She knows all the vendors, what's feasible, and what works well. She knows everything there is to know about weddings, and there is no way we could have had the absolutely beautiful and seamless wedding we did without her direction through the year long process, and on the weekend of. On the day of, it unexpectedly started raining (in June!), and before I could get upset and stress, Cody jumped into action and told me not to worry about a thing. Our ceremony turned out even more beautiful than I could have imagined. Despite leading the planning, my fiancé also really appreciated how she rolled with the punches, and would find a way to make all of his crazy ideas fit into the big day. Cody was worth every penny and more, and I could not recommend a single vendor more. She was not only incredible at her job (and a total boss) but really was there for us emotionally and as a friend as well. I can't even put into words how amazing she was to work with. This is the BEST advice I can give to any bride in the area: go with Cody.

Anne
Anne Martin

Married on 05/25/2019

Cody helped us plan a perfect wedding

My daughter's wedding was last weekend, and I am still lingering over how wonderful it was, all because of Cody. We enjoyed about 18 months of planning the event, with Cody's help, and I knew from the ... Read more the first call I placed to her, when looking for a wedding planner, that she was "the one." My daughter chided me a bit, saying we needed to talk to several, so I just asked her to call Cody too. After she talked with Cody she called me back, saying those words every Mom loves to hear, "Mom you're right." Cody was totally on top of everything...she knew which vendors would work best....she loved working with the venue we chose.....Cody was just so easy to work with. If either of us had a question, we'd email Cody and usually get a very prompt response. She was so fun at our design meeting, and the food tasting, we just very quickly became very good friends with her and I think the world of her. I knew Jessica's wedding was in the best hands. The day of the wedding Cody was there with us through all the preparation time, the photographs, the weather checks, the table setting, the flower arrangements.... she oversaw everything, and had terrific support staff too. I could go on and on. Cody truly cares about her brides and their families, and her only wish is to help give the bridal couple the most special day they can imagine. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this woman I came to depend on for so many months. I never once felt overwhelmed by the wedding planning because of her. She truly cares, and is the kindest, most talented planner out there. And - she's funny too! I miss her already, and wish we could do it all over again. Cody is the best. Trust me.