An Unusual Affair

West Salem, Ohio · View map · Visit website

About An Unusual Affair

An Unusual Affair LLC is a team of officiants ready to take on any type of wedding in Ohio. They are ready to work with any couple to create a ceremony that ultimately represents their relationship. They have worked with couples to specialize in virtually any ceremony type including traditional, LGBTQ, cosplay, sci/fi, ren faire, and are always ready to take on something new.

The staff offers a variety of officiating packages and all come with a free consultation to find out if their services are right for you. They understand that some couples are looking to make every aspect of their big day unique and they feel the ceremony should be no different. From customized vows to cosplay ceremony options, they are ready to make your ideas a reality. All packages are customizable but are based on the complexity of the type of ceremony. Their package list includes, but is not limited to:

• Simply official (no ceremony documentation completion)
  • Elopements (the couple and the officiant)
  • Ultralite ceremonies (simple, elegant)
  • Gold Ceremony (more complex, full coordination with pertinent vendors)
  • Cosplay Ceremony (in character, with or without costume)
  • Ultimate Cosplay Ceremony (fully in character, with costume)
  • Cosplay Events

29 Reviews for An Unusual Affair

29 An Unusual Affair Reviews

G
Featured
Glenn

Married on 08/19/2018

Deborah was absolutely wonderful from start to finish. I had reached out to a few officiants early on in our wedding planning that were fairly generic and then I didn't actually receive any responses, ... Read more which was rather aggravating. People who don't text or email me back don't work well for me because I'm not often available to take a phone call. Deborah emailed me back pretty quickly and I immediately went ahead with making my deposit due to the initial good vibes. Deborah scheduled a conference call with me and my now wife about a week later (that also fit our crazy schedule) to feel us out, find out our expectations and interests, which she then used to supply a first draft of the ceremony a few weeks later. After that we went back and forth via email or text message and Deborah was extremely easy to work with, always quick to reply (sometimes spooky fast! lol) and both me and my wife really felt like Deborah "got us" since, although we had a very brief ceremony, we had some non-traditional requests (non-religious, Lord of the Rings references, not overly stuffy or serious, that sort of thing). We are already thinking about doing a cosplay vow renewal in the future and we will use Deborah again, I can't imagine working on it with anyone else!

A
Amanda Elam

Getting married on 08/08/2020

Great to work with!

Unfortunately, my wedding was cancelled but it was so great to work with Deborah. She works closely with you and your significant other to come up with a unique service that showcases your love story. ... Read more Her responses are very prompt. Looking forward to hopefully working with her in the future.

K
Kait

Married on 07/06/2019

Excellent!

We loved working with Deb! She personalized our entire ceremony and was very open to changes/adds. I would definitely recommend using her! Read more We loved working with Deb! She personalized our entire ceremony and was very open to changes/adds. I would definitely recommend using her!