Andy Shepard Photography

Tucson, Arizona · View map · Visit website

About Andy Shepard Photography

Andy Shepard Photography is a Tucson-based wedding photography company servicing the state of Arizona as well as the cities of Seattle and Los Angeles. Andy has handled everything from editorial to family shoots. Using his vast knowledge of photography, Andy will capture every couple in a way that is natural and true to their style.

Experience

Andy has brought his carefree and professional attitude to many weddings over the years. For 10 years total, his images have returned to couples as documentation of the best day of their lives. In addition to his wedding photography skills, Andy Shepard Photography also works to capture landscapes around the world. His landscape images and others have even been used by National Geographic, Amazon and more.

3 Reviews for Andy Shepard Photography

3 Andy Shepard Photography Reviews

S
Sara

Married on 11/06/2017

The closest thing to a compliment I've ever heard from a photographer is: "For a pretty girl, you're not very photogenic. " So I have a bit of a complex (aka - I avoid at all costs) having my picture ... Read more picture taken. I'm not comfortable in front of the camera. My now-husband is even more camera-averse than I am: I can manage a forced smile when I have to but nearly every photo ever taken of him involves his middle finger. So we aren't exactly "model clients" for a wedding photographer. I'd picked my wedding photographer before I even met my boyfriend-turned-husband, having followed Andy on Instagram for a few years. When Chris and I started talking seriously about eloping, I called Andy before I even told my best friends. It took us awhile to get serious, but when we did, we met up with Andy for a beer. Meeting Andy helped my husband-to-be get comfortable with the idea of a camera and another person being involved with our very intimate ceremony plans (just us, two witnesses and their spouses), and we planned our court date making sure he was available. Did I mention, we chose November 6th for our court date, which happened to be within a couple of days of the fall-back time change, making it nearly impossible for us to really plan light and conditions? Before the ceremony, my husband and I were both totally at ease despite the presence of the camera. Andy managed the magical balance of directing us and letting us engage with each other naturally. He worked with some not ideal lighting, a fair amount of wind. and was a very welcome "third wheel" for the hour before our ceremony. He also knew the routine at the courthouse, and through a combination of luck and his experience we landed a slot on the marriage roster at just the right time to have a sunset ceremony on the rooftop. I could not have asked for a better experience with a wedding photographer, and I get absolutely giddy with joy and fond memories, every time I look at our photos.

V
Verna

Married on 09/18/2017

Long story short, Andy is a dream maker. Long story, longer: My then fiancé and I were planning an elopement to Seattle at the courthouse. Other than marrying the man of my dreams (check) one of the ... Read more the items which was important to me was amazing photos. After some serious online research, I found Andy Shepard’s website and his photos spoke to me. His style was exactly what I was looking for. I sent an online request and the rest is history. From our first interaction Andy was a dream… kind, creative, inquisitive, and so damn friendly. I knew he was the one… the one photographer that is. We met on the wedding day and I couldn’t have asked for a better artist to capture me and my partner’s special day. Seriously folks, I don’t have words to express how amazing Andy is. He spent three hours with me and my husband and captured the most special moments of our life. Three hours?! Yeah, my (now) husband thought the same thing… but just wait. Back to our story: Andy knew where we wanted to shoot, and had already planned the sites and knew what to expect. It rained, and he was willing to get himself (and his equipment) soaking wet to capture the photos of our dreams. Andy is an incredible artist, and any of you would be lucky to work with him. Andy is super friendly, fun, creative, patient, and so wonderful. And this is everything I would tell you before we saw our final photos. Fast forward to a few weeks later and our wedding photos showed up in my email. OH MY GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I look like a model. My husband looks like a GQ prince. Remember my dream? Amazing photos? (CHECK CHECK CHECK!!!) Andy Shepard Photography gave that to me. My husband agrees that the three-hour photography session was worth it and he would do it again. And as we’re planning the rest of our lives... I hope Andy is ready for a call when we’re ready for maternity photos, or holiday photos, or just “life is good” photos! Thank you so much Andy! XXOO

A
alex

Married on 07/31/2010

I first met Andy for my wedding in 2010. Actually, he shot my friend's wedding before that, and i was blown away by the quality of the photos. So i hired him and couldn't have been happier. Since then ... Read more I've hired him for several more family photo shoots. He is great to work with, he makes you feel comfortable and has a great sense of humor which really helps to loosen you up on such a big stressful day, like a wedding. I think to get the best photos possible you must really click with your photographer, and Andy couldn't be more fun to work with. He's fun yet incredibly professional and his is work varies from awesome to breathtaking. He's also very fast at getting his work back to me, which is another bonus. I highly recommend Andy. Stop searching and just hire Andy.

Andy Shepard Photography FAQ