Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum

Tucson, AZ · View map

About Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum

Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum is a museum wedding venue located in Tucson, Arizona. The venue is one of the top museums in the country and is spread across an area of 98 acres. Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum features a zoo, botanical garden, art gallery, natural history museum, and an aquarium.

Facilities and Capacity
The Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum has five event spaces offering picturesque views of the Sonora Desert. The Desert Garden can accommodate up to 250 guests. The Green Room can accommodate up to 300 guests for cocktail reception. The Ironwood Terraces can accommodate up to 450 guests. The Boojum Terrace can host a ceremony with up to 75 guests. Ocotillo Café can host up to 125 guests. The venue is wheelchair accessible and also has a parking facility.

Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum offers its services for wedding ceremonies, bridal showers, engagement parties, receptions, and rehearsal dinners. They also provide items required for events, such as audio equipment, furniture, centerpieces, barware, linens, and more. The services offered include:

• Bridal suites
  • Event rentals
  • Outside vendors accepted
  • In-house catering (buffet, cocktail reception, family style, plated, and more)
  • In-house bar (champagne toast, premium liquor, signature drink, specialty wine, and more)
  • Lighting/sound

10 Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum Reviews

A
Alyssa

Married on 11/12/2016

There were so many positives to the ASDM. First, it's a beautiful and unique venue. We got married in the desert garden and had the cocktail hour in another section of the garden and the reception on ... Read more their terraces and in the courtyard of their restaurant. It's spectacular if you want to incorporate the native landscape in to your wedding like we did- it also means less decorating and flowers were needed because it was pretty enough on its own. We also opted to use their AV equipment, which eliminated the need for us to get a DJ and saved us money big time. We also did the live animal demonstrations for our cocktail hour which was a blast. People couldn't stop talking about how cool it was to see all the amazing animals and learn about them and it made for some great photo ops. The docents presenting the animals were incredibly sweet and great to interact with. On that note, Jessica Bright was phenomenal. She was always on top of everything and willing to work with us every step of the way- she even was there at the wedding to make sure it went smoothly. The only downside is that you have to use their caterer for food. The food is delicious but a little pricey, and while at times Courtney was kicking butt to get things done for us, at others she came off as rude or flakey. All in all, wonderful experience and people talk about how it was one of the best weddings they've ever had. And your guests can also get reduced admission at the museum to make it a fun event.

T
Thamzen

Married on 06/26/2015

The Sonora Desert Museum was exactly what I was looking for in a venue! I wanted something natural with a striking desert scenery because this was a destination wedding to Arizona. A lot of the ... Read more options I found very manicured resorts with golf greens that did not scream AZ to me. The Desert museum provided the most beautiful and iconic desert scenery for my wedding. Even though I had the wedding in the middle of summer in Arizona it was not too hot because I set the wedding in the evening to night time. The staff were all very attentive and quick to remedy and problems that occurred (like random desert rain). All the guests loved the southwest cuisine that was served buffet style. The only complaint I could make is the reception space I chose was a little tight for my wedding of 55 people- Ceremony: Boojum Patio, Reception: Ocotillo Cafe . If you are looking for a natural and beautiful desert wedding this is the place for you!!

D
Darlene

Married on 06/26/2015

The Desert Museum was the perfect venue for my daughter’s wedding. She wanted a unique desert venue and she got it. Daughter lives in Florida, I live in Puerto Rico so we needed to do all planning via ... Read more via email and phone. Jessica Bright, event coordinator at the museum was very accessible and responsive. She understood all our needs and desires and executed venue set-up with professionalism and grace. When we arrived to Tucson for the first time week of the wedding Jessica made herself available for a venue walk-thru on one day, the Rehearsal on another day and was in attendance watching over things during the entire wedding. The Ceremony, Reception, Food and Dance were great. The signage leading to and around the venue was clear and invaluable to our guest arriving for the wedding. The Desert Museum is such a lovely place and I am very happy for the fabulous memories we now have of the wedding there.