Art & History Museums, Maitland

Maitland, FL · View map · Visit website

About Art & History Museums, Maitland

Art & History Museums, Maitland is a historic museum wedding venue located in the greater Orlando area. The combination of gorgeous gardens, breathtaking architecture and extraordinary artwork offers a one-of-a-kind environment for your big day. Couples that crave offbeat and unconventional elements will love the unique nature of the museum. Their staff believes that each couple is totally unique and will work with you to create the wedding of your dreams.

Facilities and Capacity
The art museum has four event spaces for indoor and uncovered outdoor gatherings. These areas can accommodate up to 150 guests. The Main Garden features stunning architecture and a sparkling pond ideal for a dreamy garden celebration. In the Mayan Chapel and Courtyard, guests will be enchanted by the ornate sculptures and beautiful landscaping. The Germaine Marvel Building, the largest indoor space, is a spacious open-plan building. Finally, the Cottage at Lake Lily is a serene area for more intimate gatherings.

Art & History Museums, Maitland has all-inclusive rentals and wedding-related services. Services include the following:

• Event rentals
  • Setup
  • Chairs and tables
  • Pet-friendly

Cuisine
The museum has a list of preferred pre-approved caterers. To use a catering company not on the list, couples must first speak with the venue.

Other Facilities
The art center has additional facilities to help your big day run smoothly. These spaces and areas include:

• Bridal suite
  • On-site parking
  • Wheelchair access

Other Services
Art & History Museums, Maitland is willing to host a variety of wedding-related celebrations. These events include:

• Elopements
  • Bridal shower
  • Engagement party
  • Rehearsal dinner
  • Ceremony
  • Reception

History
As Central Florida’s first National Historic Landmark, this venue was originally called the Research Studio. It was founded in 1937 by artist and architect J. André Smith. By the late 1940s, the building began opening up for weddings.

Location
Located next to Lake Sybelia, the venue is 38 minutes from Orlando International Airport. Downtown Orlando is about 15 minutes away.

121 Reviews for Art & History Museums, Maitland

121 Art & History Museums, Maitland Reviews

Kerrie
Featured
Kerrie

Married on 10/05/2018

A natural beauty

This venue is BEAUTIFUL! It is so unique and fit our bohemian theme perfectly. It has so much natural beauty with an artistic feel. We needed very little decorating which is a main reason I chose the ... Read more venue. It fit our guests easily for our intimate ceremony in the chapel with no problem. The price was pretty good and Kelly was even better. She kept up with me for months checking in if I needed anything and simply seeing how the process was going. She answered so many questions for me and was never anything but a sweetheart and happily accommodating. She checked in on us during the rehearsal and that was so memorable to me because I didn't expect it. She made sure the facility was well maintained for our special day. New flowers had been put in since the last time I saw the venue and signs were put out to guide parking. Such a mesmerizing place to have your wedding and to be able to go visit.

P
Peggy Busacca

Getting married on 07/04/2020

Beautiful Venue - Great Customer Service

The venue is beautiful and well maintained. We loved that we had several different "places" to choose from. The staff was caring and I would recommend Maitland Art and History Museums to anyone. Read more The venue is beautiful and well maintained. We loved that we had several different "places" to choose from. The staff was caring and I would recommend Maitland Art and History Museums to anyone.

Bronwyn
Bronwyn Kohn

Getting married on 04/05/2020

Beautiful venue

We had our wedding in the Chapel and Mayan Courtyard and I could not be more pleased. Everything was so beautiful and perfect! Kelly was very helpful and always quick to respond. I would recommend ... Read more this venue to anyone and I will for sure be having future events there. Thank you Kelly for all of your help!