Ashley Toman- Harpist

Prairieville, LA · View map

About Ashley Toman- Harpist

Ashley Lancz Toman began playing harp and studying music at the age of 14 in Traverse City, Michigan. Three years later she was accepted to the prestigious Eastman School of Music where she earned both Bachelor's and Master's degrees in harp performance and served as a harp teaching assistant.

Ashley's career as a freelance harpist has taken her all over the United States. She performed twice daily as the harpist in residence at Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island, Michigan for five seasons. Her group Harptallica, a Metallica tribute, has toured extensively. The group is a harp duo committed to expanding the accessibility and audience of the instrument. With Harptallica, she has made performance appearances on the WGN-TV and FOX networks as well as on various radio stations throughout the country.

Since moving to Louisiana, Ashley has appeared with the Louisiana Philharmonic, and Baton Rouge Symphony. She has recorded with Ani DiFranco, and is the harpist seen and heard in the Tarantino film "Django Unchained."

Ashley maintains a busy freelance schedule, performing for numerous wedding ceremonies and other events all over southeastern Louisiana. She currently performs every Sunday during brunch at the National World War II Museum in New Orleans at the Stage Door Canteen.

She resides in Baton Rouge.

10 Reviews for Ashley Toman- Harpist

10 Ashley Toman- Harpist Reviews

Samantha
Samantha

Married on 10/15/2017

Ashley was a highlight of our wedding. I had a specific song I have dreamed of walking down the aisle to since I was a teenager. She made it a reality and more beautiful than I had ever heard before. ... Read more She truly made the ceremony magical and I couldn't imagine it any other way. She responds very quickly, extremely easy to work with, and affordable. My guest were in awe of her performance. If you want a magical touch to your wedding absolutely hire Ashley.

User2638475

2+ years ago

I always knew I wanted a harpist to play at my ceremony but Ashley was even better then I had imagined. All my wedding party was so impressed (she played The Beatles and Cat Power) and she fit so well ... Read more with what I had always wanted for my ceremony. I'm very happy that I chose Ashley Toman to play at my wedding. :-)

K
Kim

Married on 06/23/2013

I am a music educator, and a classically trained musician with a masters degree in performance-- so finding the right ceremony musician was a big deal for me. Ashley did a wonderful job, she plays ... Read more beautifully and expressively, and was very professional. Also, she will play just about anything you want her to - she has a wonderfully varied repertoire list including many genres of popular music. We selected the ceremony music at an in-person consultation, which was a treat in itself, in which Ashley played through as much music as we needed to hear to make our decisions. The harp was just perfect for our intimate ceremony, (if you are having a large or outdoor ceremony, she is able to amplify her harp) I would highly recommend Ashley!