Assemblea

Chicago, Illinois · View map · Visit website

About Assemblea

Assemblea is a historic wedding venue in Chicago, Illinois. This beautiful brick building was built in 1893 as a church, but has since been renovated to serve as a modern event space. With a spacious open floor plan and balcony level, there is plenty of space to make this venue your own. Assemblea has historically been a place to celebrate life’s most special events. There is no better place to make your wedding unforgettable than this building full of rich history and elegance. For a once in a lifetime wedding experience, choose Assemblea.

Facilities and Capacity

Assemblea offers couples plenty of space to host their wedding reception. The building features a private grand entrance to greet and give a great first impression to your guests. The 24-foot ceilings and dual curved staircases offer an elegance to the venue that sets a refined yet relaxed tone for your reception. The venue also offers a balcony level to accommodate more guests and give people plenty of space to mingle. Dressing rooms will be available for the wedding party, and a full kitchen can be used by your caterer. There are also two single-use bathrooms on site. Assemblea can host up to 100 seated guests. The venue's open floor plan gives couples creative freedom in terms of decor and seating arrangements.

The Assemblea staff wants to help you turn your wedding into a truly memorable experience for all. They will help you plan the use of Assemblea and offer a variety of rentals for you to make the venue your own. You will have access to 100 fruitwood folding chairs as well as a variety of table options, from round tables to long banquet options. Assemblea also offers a sound system to enhance the atmosphere with your favorite songs and dance party hits. Assemblea allows self-catering and BYO (with Host Liquor Liability insurance), but you can choose your own catering and bar service vendors if preferred.

2 Reviews for Assemblea

2 Assemblea Reviews

George
George Coyne

Getting married on 11/03/2020

Above and Beyond for the Perfect Wedding

My Fiance and I were adamant about not breaking the bank with our wedding. When we found Assemblea we knew immediately that this was the right space for us. The team were incredibly flexible ... Read more especially considering how much of our wedding was DIY. The staff let us rent the space for a few hours the night before to load a bunch of stuff in and decorate with our family. A few examples of how above and beyond Assembea went. - They let our dog Turnip come to the ceremony and hang out into the evenging. - We stapled fabric and lights to the wall behind the altar, and dried flowers all along one of the walls. - No approved catering list meant that we could pick anyone we wanted to cater. We landed on Smoque BBQ, who also did a wonderful job. The day of the ceremony was of course semi-chaotic, but the staff and our hired staff made sure my wife and I didn't have to stress out. I can not say enough how happy we were to pick Assemblea. Thanks!

Ashley
Ashley Freyre

Married on 06/15/2019

Assemblea Was Wonderful!

My husband and I rented this venue for our wedding and it was absolutely amazing! The venue has a beautiful open layout, the natural lighting is perfect and the venue manager/director, Kahrin, is ... Read more great to work with. Kahrin was responded quickly to emails, was helpful and made sure that we had a memorable night. I'm so glad I chose this venue, it was more than I could have imagined!

Assemblea FAQ