AvantGarden

Houston, Texas · View map · Visit website

About AvantGarden

AvantGarden is a historic mansion and vintage-style wedding venue located in Houston, Texas. This unique building was built in 1896 as a private home, and renovated in 2007 as the event venue it is today. Situated in the Montrose/Midtown area, it offers couples both indoor and outdoor options for their celebration. AvantGarden specializes in beautiful, fun and low-stress weddings.

Facilities and Capacity

Couples can accommodate up to 180 guest at this unique venue. You can exchange your vows outdoors in their one-of-a-kind garden for an intimate ceremony, or say your “ i do's” on their candle-lit back patio, City Lights. The turn-of-the-century Kraft house will serve as your backdrop. For your reception, you can dance the night away in their Citron Room upstairs. For your cocktail hour, your guests can mingle in the AvantRoom, their downstairs lounge, or on their Front Court and Porch. The venue features three fully stocked bars where you and your loved ones can grab wine, sangria, microbrewed beers and premium liquors.

Though they don't advertise, AvantGarden was named one of the top must visit spots in Houston by the New York Times. They've been a part of the wedding industry for over eight years, and they offer all-inclusive packages to ensure your big day is a success. Their experienced staff will assist you with your event planning and event rentals, along with setup and cleanup. Lighting and sound is included with your rental fee, as well as tables, chairs and linens. Additional services include, but are not limited to:

• Bridal suite
  • Valet
  • Pet friendly
  • Wheelchair accessible

Other Services

In addition to hosting lavish weddings, AvantGarden is also happy to host intimate elopements. Additional events they will hold include:

• Engagement party
  • Bridal shower
  • Rehearsal dinner

History

This historic house is one of the last remaining midtown/lower Westheimer structures in Houston. It’s where Howard Hughes played as a child, and it eventually served as a halfway house before Mariana Lemesoff purchased it and repaired it twice. In 1996, it was The Mausoleum, a bar, live music and artistic venue, and in 2000, it was named Helios. Now, it serves a special event venue, live music venue and performance space.

112 Reviews for AvantGarden

112 AvantGarden Reviews

M
Featured
melissa

Married on 03/11/2017

We got married at AvantGarden on March 11th, and it was more beautiful than I could ever imagine. Mariana is truly someone whom you can trust, and she will make sure your wedding goes smoothly and ... Read more wonderfully. The week of the wedding I had to move my church ceremony to Avant due to the rain. I was so nervous and anxious but Mariana was able to work with my last minute changes and assured me it would be just fine, and it truly was. Mariana's staff was so kind and hospitable to me and my (130) guests, they catered to the potential bad weather, my tables and centerpieces were set up beautifully, & everyone LOVED the taco truck!! It really poured at the end of the night and Mariana made sure all the decorations we brought were packed up and stored safely for us to take home. It was really nice to not have to think of that at the end of the night. Overall, I truly felt blessed that our wedding was able to be celebrated on this day at this venue as it was perfect, blessed and we really have Mariana & her staff to thank. Thank you so much! We had a blast!!!!??

H
Helen Mcpherson

Married on 03/30/2019

This place is magical!

I can't give this place and Mariana enough praise! If you're looking for something on a smaller scale, that is artsy with a bit of historical charm, this is the place for you. I was a pretty low ... Read more maintenance bride to begin with so I think that worked in my favor, I knew it would be gorgeous no matter what because the venue is just so freaking beautiful! Also, working with Mariana was a breeze. She showed us pictures of previous weddings she had done with different kinds of centerpieces, colors, and bouquets. I could tell that she had a good eye for things and that anything she put together would turn out better than what I could imagine. It was very easy for me to put my trust in her and the overall process. When it comes to the food, you need to go with the taco truck. You'll get compliments on the food for weeks to come. Mariana helped us coordinate everything the day of the wedding and kept us on track the entire evening from start to finish. We could not have done it without her and my wedding could not have been any more perfect! We can't to visit again for some tacos and sangria!

Jaclyn
Jaclyn Moreira

Married on 03/23/2019

This venue was everything I could have wanted. Great packages, great price, great staff!!

I could not say more about our experience. Avant- Garden has an amazing ambiance and great staff but Mariana is the key! She helps bring your vision to life and makes it happen! She made the process ... Read more of planning my wedding completely painless. This was a one stop shop for ceremony, reception, food, drinks, flowers, dj- you name it. Their packages make the wedding planning process stress free. I couldn’t recommend this place more