Asbury Hall at Babeville

Buffalo, NY · View map · Visit website

About Asbury Hall at Babeville

Asbury Hall at Babeville is a unique wedding venue in the heart of Buffalo’s historic Theater District. Impress your guests with the historic charm of this distinctively refurbished and versatile venue.

Facilities and Capacity
The Hall can accommodate up to 780 guests for theater seating and has ample standing room for up to 1,200 guests. Host up to 230 seated guests for your wedding reception, which includes a state of the art sound system, fixed stage and original wraparound balcony with pew seating.

At Asbury Hall at Babeville, couples can custom tailor their dream wedding to impressive lengths. Services include:

• Bridal suite
  • Glassware
  • Linens
  • Exclusive venue use

Cuisine
Asbury Hall at Babeville exclusively utilizes the catering services of Exquisite Catering to ensure that your guests enjoy the best culinary experience possible. Work with them to create a menu to remember.

History
Architect John Henry Selkirk began work on what was originally the Delaware Avenue Methodist Church in 1871. The church remained in use until the 1980s but was eventually slated for demolition in 1995. It was then purchased by singer-songwriter Ani DiFranco and her longtime manager Scot Fisher who refurbished it into a historic building dedicated to facilitating and promoting the arts.

Location
Asbury Hall at Babeville is located in Buffalo’s Theater District, at the junction of three National and Local Historic Districts. The venue is within walking distance to accommodations, restaurants and other historic sites, making it a prime location for your guests to roam.

51 Reviews for Asbury Hall at Babeville

51 Asbury Hall at Babeville Reviews

C
Featured
Carolyn

Married on 06/15/2013

I'm not sure how to even put into words how happy we were with Asbury Hall. From the very first meeting with Austin, we knew this venue was amazing and knew we were in good hands with Austin. He was ... Read more very professional, organized and helped us with each step along the way. He is prompt with a return of an email usually within minutes!!! Organizing a wedding can be stressful but with Austin's organization this was an easy and enjoyable process. As for the actual wedding day.... it was beyond perfect. Austin was present all day to make sure that everything was 100% smooth. The servers were amazing and took special care of each guest. Little details such as giving us a plate of appetizers as they could tell we were so busy mingling that we hadn't had a chance to enjoy them. The bartenders were great... they memorized just about all of the bridal party and parents drinks so that as soon as they approached the bar, the drink was poured and ready. There was never a line for the bar and it was always fully stocked! Our lead server, Giesla was awesome and was always two steps ahead. The actual venue was beyond beautiful! Everything was clean, organized and just how we had planned! The photos from this site are stunning! Overall, our day was beyond perfect and I attribute this to Austin and the excellent crew at Asbury! Most of our guests have called this wedding "the best wedding ever" and I attribute this to the everyone at Asbury. I would recommend this place 100%! Austin completely took the stress out of all the planning. The staff made our day perfect and so many small touches along the way that I don't have enough space to write them all. I would recommend this place 100%. Now I'm hoping someone in my family will get engaged so we can go back!!!

Miranda
Miranda

Married on 05/11/2019

The perfect venue

I could not have imagined my wedding anywhere else. Asbury Hall was perfect in every way and the staff was amazing. My husband and I moved to Rhode Island after we were engaged so we were planning the ... Read more majority of our Buffalo wedding from out of town. Austin was amazing, he is so responsive and tentative to all of our questions and concerns we had along the way. Him and his staff at Exquisite Catering made the day run so flawlessly. They know exactly what they are doing and it shows. Every staff member we interacted with was so courteous and kind, and genuinely happy to be there for our day. The food was AMAZING! The staff gave the wedding party their food right away so that my husband and I could make our rounds while our guests ate. SO happy we got to eat because everything was so delicious and all of our guests would agree. I cannot say enough of how perfect and smooth our day went and the same with all of the planning that lead up to it. Austin volunteered to drive us to our hotel that night because we figured we could walk the half block after the reception, but failed to realize how much stuff we would be carrying with us! So so thankful for that offer! Asbury Hall was an amazing venue and I cannot rave enough about the staff and Austin. They truly made our day perfect and I am forever grateful for everything and everyone there!!

Julianna
Julianna

Married on 04/27/2019

Perfect and amazing wedding venue

Austin went above and beyond every step of the way. My wedding vision was impeccably executed. Everything I hoped for and far beyond in a wedding day. Everything from the food to the timeline was ... Read more perfection!