Bagpipes & Celtic Music

Fresh Meadows, NY · View map

About Bagpipes & Celtic Music

WINNER - Best of 2012, 2013 & 2014* - Piper to the Stars - T.V. and movie credits include "Good Morning America", "The Tonight Show", "Conan O'Brien" and Russell Crowe's "Tenderness". 25 years experience - Available for wedding ceremonies, cocktails and receptions Serving the tri-state area: N.Y. City, Long Island, Westchester, CT & NJ.

In addition to the bagpipes, Darius Kaufmann performs on a wide range of Celtic instruments, including Irish whistle (flute), smallpipes, bodhran (Irish drum), spoons and voice. He has performed for such legendary stars as Sinead O'Connor, Bono, Paul Simon, Paul McCartney, and Il Divo, and recorded with Tom Chapin on the Grammy-Nominated CD "Around the World and Back Again".

In addition to his background in Irish and Scottish music, Darius is classically trained in piano, flute and composition. This gives him an ability to easily learn special requests, to adapt non-standard tunes to the bagpipes, and to arrange and compose accompaniments for the pipes and the Irish whistle.

ADDITIONAL INFO: Hi! I would be happy to talk with you about incorporating the bagpipes and Celtic music in your wedding. I can offer music suggestions, and am happy to learn requests. Check out my website www.bagpipes-and-celtic-music.com/weddings.html -- There are videos, audios and lots of info. And also check out the info about the Irish whistle (flute), which can be a lovely addition to your wedding.

Feel free to call me directly at 718-358-0747 - I'd love to talk with you!

*Awarded by a leading event-planning website.

20 Reviews for Bagpipes & Celtic Music

20 Bagpipes & Celtic Music Reviews

Mary
Mary

Married on 05/18/2019

Darius was great

I booked and paid right through pay pal. So simple. And he was just great. Read more I booked and paid right through pay pal. So simple. And he was just great.

A
Alexandra

Married on 09/07/2018

Darius made our wedding ceremony absolutely beautiful and meaningful through his music. Everyone loved our bagpiper. Darius was extremely professional, detail-oriented, and did exactly what we had ... Read more asked. I highly recommend him for your event!

A
Allison

Married on 04/22/2017

Darius was absolutely amazing! I hired Darius as a surprise for my husband on the day of the wedding and Darius was able to play about 15 minutes at the end of cocktail hour. Not only was my husband ... Read more surprised but our guests were too! It was so fun to have him there playing the bagpipes! What a special touch to our wedding. Throughout the process Darius was super responsive and so easy to communicate with which I so appreciate with a vendor. I would definitely recommend Darius to anyone needing bagpipes for an event! THANKS AGAIN!