Barnsley Resort

Adairsville, GA · View map · Visit website

About Barnsley Resort

Barnsley Resort is a romantic and historic estate located in Adairsville, Georgia. This unique venue is only an hour from Chattanooga and Atlanta and provides multiple indoor and outdoor options. Couples can choose between the historic 19th century Manor House Ruins; the 5,000-square-foot Savannah Ballroom in Georgian Hall, a woodlands setting at Silverbell Hills along with more indoor and outdoor venues.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples can accommodate up to 300 guests at Barnsley Resort. One of the most popular options is the 19th century Manor House Ruins perfect for both ceremonies and receptions. There are multiple lawns and gardens surrounding the house that can be utilized, depending on your guest count. The new Georgian Hall features the Savannah Ballroom with vaulted ceilings, dormer windows and a brick fireplace. Other options include:

• Meadow
  • Town hall
  • Pavilion
  • Tenth tee
  • Meditation garden

This venue has a special events manager that will guide you every step of the way. They'll go over venue options, menu selections and wedding packages. Their services include:

• Event rentals
  • Accommodations
  • In-house caterer
  • Lighting and sound
  • Prefered vendor list

History
Barnsley Resort was created nearly 200 years ago by Godfrey Barnsley. He built it for his wife, Julia, who he married on Christmas Eve. The manor was originally called the Woodlands and it was inspired by the work of Andrew Jackson Downing. Unfortunately, Julia passed away before ever seeing the completion of the house.

16 Reviews for Barnsley Resort

16 Barnsley Resort Reviews

H
Featured
Heather

Married on 07/18/2015

This venue is so beautiful on its own.... How could your wedding not be beautiful? This truly is a magical place and provided the perfect whimsical location to host my fairytale dream wedding. From the ... Read more the very beginning, the sweet girls that coordinate and do the wedding/event planning were so easy to work with and very helpful all the way through the very end. They made sure that everything was to my liking an exactly the way my husband and I wanted. They made sure every detail was taken care of and helped me with any question or often gave very helpful advice regarding vendors and other wedding day decisions. Their staff and hospitality was always cheerful, inviting, and more than outgoing to provide true service and help in any way imaginable. Their catering and food service was out of this world delicious and served very high quality and beautiful dishes. My guests are still raving about the beauty of this location and how wonderful the food was that night. I could not imagine having my wedding day hosted anywhere else. The entire weekend was full of magic provided by this high quality establishment. We are so appreciative of all the work the Barnsley team did and are so thankful for their part in our wonderful wedding day! We look forward to spending our future anniversaries with a stay at Barnsley Gardens!!

Haley
Haley Keith

Married on 03/16/2019

Breathtaking Venue & Amazing Service!

I recently had my wedding at Barnsley Gardens and I cannot say enough great things. From the minute we went on the site visit, we were taken great care of. The weekend of my wedding everything was ... Read more PERFECT and their team really makes the bride and groom feel special. We were given a honeymoon cottage with our package, and a chance to "bury the bourbon" one month before our wedding, which was so special. Our special day was better than we could have imagined and everything was set up exactly how we dreamed it would be. Their wedding team is outstanding and responsive. There is also so many activities to offer to your guests throughout the entire weekend. Best venue bar far, I would highly recommend.

H
Hadley

Married on 10/06/2018

Barnsley is a dream come true. My husband and I got married there one week ago and it seriously couldn’t have been more perfect. The venue speaks for itself but the staff I just could rave about all ... Read more day. Nora and Megan especially, thank you for all that you did for us leading up to our big day and on our big day. From the food tastings (best wedding food EVER btw), making sure my guests were all happy, upgrading me to my own cottage because you know I need my space and then running around with me on the day of... I can’t thank you enough. It was a day I’ll never forget and I’m honored that I get to go back to this place for years to come to relive the love and excitement that we felt that day.