Barr Mansion & Artisan Ballroom

Austin, TX · View map · Visit website

About Barr Mansion & Artisan Ballroom

Barr Mansion & Artisan Ballroom, located in Austin, Texas, is a full-services mansion wedding venue. The venue has catered for weddings for over 30 years, and their experienced coordination staff can help you plan a wedding surrounded by natural beauty and nostalgic charm. The venue’s in-house catering team serve local organic dishes that are sure to leave a lasting impression on your guests.

Facilities and Capacity

Barr Mansion & Artisan Ballroom offers a wide range of indoor and outdoor event spaces suitable for receptions and ceremonies. Their 18th-century Artisan Ballroom was shipped piece by piece from New York and features a 40-foot glass wall. The 3,300-square-foot versatile space can accommodate 300 for a seated reception or 200 with room for a dance floor and is a mix of old and new, featuring exposed beams and wooden pillars. The Farmstead is an indoor-outdoor space, modern in design, with an element of country-chic perfect for a reception or covered ceremony. It is a 2,875-square-foot space, which can seat 300 for a harvest dinner comfortably, and features wooden floors, high ceilings, and an abundance of natural light. The Mansion, which is over 100 years old, makes the perfect meeting place for the wedding party and features separate bridal and groom suites. The Mansion makes the ideal backdrop for a ceremony or cocktail hour on the front lawn. To the side of the Mansion is the Grand Lawn, an 8,000-square-foot area suitable for a tented reception of up to 300 people. The grounds also feature several other lawn and patio spaces ideal for intimate ceremonies or cocktail parties.

Barr Mansion & Artisan Ballroom offers a selection of comprehensive wedding packages which include the assistance of the venue’s experienced coordinators. Their team will meet with you to introduce their services, discuss outside vendors, and start the planning process, as well as coordinate the rehearsal, ceremony, and day-of, create your reception layout, provide guidance on the menu, event day timeline, and rentals. Wedding packages include:

• Exclusive use of the venue and grounds
  • Choice of an indoor and outdoor ceremony and reception locations
  • Use of the site before the ceremony for rehearsal, wedding preparations, and vendor setup
  • Use of the Mansion for the wedding party with getting ready rooms
  • Setup and breakdown
  • In-house catering with serving staff
  • Ceremony and reception chairs and tables
  • Linens and full place settings

Cuisine

Barr Mansion & Artisan Ballroom provides in-house certified organic catering using seasonal ingredients grown in their own garden and local markets. Wedding packages include a choice of appetizer vignettes, buffet, family-style, plated or feast service styles, a wedding cake, and groom’s cake or optional second dessert from their experienced bakers.

80 Reviews for Barr Mansion & Artisan Ballroom

80 Barr Mansion & Artisan Ballroom Reviews

C
Featured
Christine

Married on 10/05/2013

We got married at Barr Mansion in early October 2013 and it was a fantastic experience. Barr provided us with everything we wanted in a venue: gorgeous grounds, a unique ballroom, delicious food, and ... Read more an amazing coordinator. The old Victorian house has such photogenic interiors and exteriors, which really gave the photographs an antique charm. When people see our photos, they always ask us where we got married because of how unique the spaces are especially for Texas. Guests also raved to me about the food, especially the beef tenderloin so I highly recommend having that on the menu. You can't go wrong with the food at Barr-- that part is taken care of if you book there. One of the biggest perks of this place is that it comes with a coordinator, which in retrospect, I couldn't imagine the day without. Elyse, our coordinator, was the absolute best-- she's so organized yet low-key and efficient; plus, she's such a great person to be around and it made the wedding day all that more smooth. I miss working with her already. Overall, Barr Mansion is a great place to get married in Austin if you're looking for something less conventional than a hotel reception and more elegant than a ranch. Plus, your photographers will thank you!

Uptown
Uptown Drive

Married on 06/07/2019

Our Austin wedding band LOVES Barr Mansion

What a venue! Our Austin wedding band, Uptown Drive loves every chance we get to play live music at this beautiful southern gem. It is the perfect setting for any wedding or special event with its ... Read more outdoor space & greenery. We love Barr Mansions rich history and the stunning ballroom that is perfect for event entertainment. The ballroom has a large event space for a dance floor, which was packed all night long. We can't wait to play here again! https://www.uptowndrive.com

L
LeAnne

Married on 03/16/2019

Could NOT have asked for a better experience!!

The Barr Mansion and their staff were incredible. I found this venue about 4 years ago, got engaged in August of 2017, and fell in love all over again with the Barr Mansion in January 2018. Our day-of ... Read more day-of coordinator, Cori, was nothing but helpful, punctual, and responsive - a true professional! She kept my dreams and vision in mind throughout the process and made sure that what I wanted was the focus. On the day of our wedding, there was no place else I would have wanted to get married and commit my life to the man I love. It was the PERFECT day and a lot of that is credited to the Barr Mansion and the staff. I heard from family and friends that the food was delicious, the staff was kind, the bar service was fast, and I considered it a good thing that I only saw Cori a few times throughout the day. If I had seen more of her, it would have meant that things had gone wrong, but of course, Cori handled the flexible schedule of the day and evening, she made sure we all had enough time for each part of the night (dinner, dancing, eating dessert, etc.). She was amazing, the staff was amazing, and the service was truly unmatched.