Bay 7, American Tobacco District

Durham, NC · View map · Visit website

About Bay 7, American Tobacco District

Bay 7, American Tobacco District is an urban-chic wedding venue located in Durham, North Carolina. The venue is located within a registered historic site and includes elegant exposed-brick walls, hardwood floors, and steel girders. You can host your wedding ceremony, reception, rehearsal dinner, and engagement party within a building that is steeped in American history. Bay 7 is located inside the American Tobacco campus, adjacent to the Lucky Strike Tower in the Washington Building.

Facilities and Capacity
Bay 7, American Tobacco District accommodates up to 400 people in the 10,000-square-foot space. The space is versatile and can be transformed to fit any wedding style from romantic to modern to untraditional. The panoramic windows and wrap-around interior balcony give the space character and charm. Drapery can be hung from the tall ceilings to give the space a more cozy feel, while string lights and tall floral centerpieces can create an elegant and glamorous look. However you imagine your wedding, Bay 7 can deliver. Get-ready rooms are available on-site. There is also ample parking, and the facility is wheelchair accessible.

The Angus Barn is the exclusive caterer and events manager for Bay 7. You work directly with an event coordinator to help plan your big day as they make suggestions and recommendations throughout the process. On the wedding day, the staff will set up and clean up the space. "Iron Chef America" winner Walter Royal works to create delicious menu choices that can be served as a buffet, plated dinner, stations, family-style meal, hors d’oeuvres, and cocktail-style. You have the opportunity to taste the dishes as you make your final selections. Bartenders are o- hand at Bay 7 to serve a variety of beer, wine, liquor, and speciality beverages during a cash, limited, or open bar. The venue provides a number of event items to use including tables, chairs, linens, non-floral centerpieces, a dance floor, audio equipment, lighting, and all the tableware necessary to execute your wedding.

Location
The downtown venue is steps away from restaurants, attractions, and the Durham Bulls Stadium. Raleigh-Durham International Airport is just 30 minutes away for out-of-town guests.

14 Reviews for Bay 7, American Tobacco District

14 Bay 7, American Tobacco District Reviews

M
Featured
Matthew

Married on 07/21/2018

So thrilled that we chose Bay 7 for our son's wedding! There was just 2. 5 months between the engagement and wedding so I seriously considered the need for an additional wedding coordinator. ... Read more Thankfully, my son put together detailed logistics which were shared with the Bay 7 event coordinator, Sarah, who is great at responding to questions, giving advice, coordinating with vendors and executing the event. I cannot say enough good things about Sarah and the Bay 7 staff who provided excellent service and warmth beyond our expectations. Sarah was so hands-on---at one point I saw her picking up building toys that the ring boy had unceremoniously dumped on the dance floor seconds before the bridal party was to be announced. Thank you, Sarah! Our guests raved about the quality of the food and how fun the wedding was. I would wholeheartedly recommend Bay 7 to anyone looking for a rustic and spacious wedding venue, excellent service and delicious food!

C
Carolyn

Married on 11/04/2017

We had a wonderful experience at Bay 7 - the planning process was long and at times overwhelming (especially since I didn't have a wedding planner), but once I dropped everything off with our Bay 7 ... Read more coordinator Angel the week of the wedding, I had no worries left - and everything turned out perfectly! There were a few issues here and there on the wedding day, but they were completely taken care of behind the scenes. The venue was beautifully set up, it looked exactly like I had pictured it, and the food and service was amazing. Every single guest I talked to commented on how good the food was! Every single staff member I talked to that night congratulated me on my marriage and went above and beyond to make sure I had a great time! It was a dream come true to have my reception at Bay 7, and I would highly recommend Angel and her staff to anyone.

E
Emily

Married on 05/06/2017

Bay 7 provided very high-quality service and professionalism for our event. The wedding coordinators for Bay 7 were extremely responsive and accommodating, and helped to plan and execute our event.I ... Read more felt like everything was going to run smoothly in their hands, and of course, everything went perfectly. They were very flexible in terms of revising our menu based on guest count, and the food by Angus Barn was absolutely outstanding. All of our guests raved about the food and left totally stuffed. The wine and beer selection was also great, and they made some really delicious cocktails for our guests. The Bay 7 staff at the event just know how to carry out a perfectly timed, coordinated event. As the bride and groom, they responded to our needs before we even knew what we needed - they brought us a plate of appetizers and drinks in the bridal suite when we arrived at the venue, brought us plates of food from the buffet, and ensured we always had a drink in hand. Their service is on point. Although the cost is high at Bay 7, it is well worth the money. You won't be disappointed!