Belhurst Castle

Geneva, NY · View map · Visit website

About Belhurst Castle

Belhurst Castle is a historic wedding venue on the shores of Seneca Lake in the heart of the Finger Lakes region. The castle serves couples from the Geneva, Rochester, Buffalo, and Syracuse regions as well as couples that live elsewhere in the U.S. or internationally! The century-old castle is a combination of three hotels, two restaurants, a winery, and a spa and salon for all of your wedding needs. The castle doesn't have a venue or site fee - in fact, the owners of Belhurst Castle don't believe that guests should have to pay just to use the space.

Facilities and Capacity
The venue offers two locations for your wedding events: The Castle Ballroom, with its cathedral ceilings, elegant chandeliers, and cascading views of Lake Seneca, accommodating up to 250 guests for a luxurious evening or the Meritage Ballroom, which includes high ceilings, flowing drapery, and beautiful views of the turret seen through floor-to-ceiling windows, accommodating up to 160 guests. This room also includes its own private patio and lawn for outdoor events.

The experienced staff at Belhurst Castle can tailor wedding events to each couples’ individual styles. Whether you want to simply host your wedding ceremony and reception on the premises or get ready from start to finish, Belhurst Castle offers the following services:

• Accommodations
  • Flatware
  • Glassware
  • Linens

Cuisine
Guests can enjoy in-house catering and bar services with this venue. Their serving styles include plated, buffet, and/or passed hors-d'oeuvres, with menus designed to suit the specific tastes of each couple. Work with Belhurst Castle to design a meal that your guests will rave about!

74 Reviews for Belhurst Castle

74 Belhurst Castle Reviews

M
Featured
Morgan

Married on 06/11/2016

I was married at Belhurst a little over a month ago, June 2016! Our ceremony was on the lawn and our reception was in the Meritage ballroom. This was by far the most amazing day of my life and I could ... Read more not have asked for a better venue. I worked with Jo as my wedding coordinator and I can't say enough wonderful things about her. She was professional, helpful in the planning, and very quick with responses. The entire wait staff was simply amazing! They are what helped make my night what it was. I booked the lawn and ballroom a year and a half in advance, so my date was pretty flexible. The dates at this point were just starting to be booked. There are two ballrooms so two weddings going on at once. Since we were the first to book our date we were able have first choice in the time of our ceremony, which was nice. I loved the meritage ballroom because of all of the windows allowing you to overlook the lake and the walkout patio. We also hosted a cocktail hour with appetizers and open bar for an hour in between ceremony and reception. We did a late night wing and fries station, that our guests went crazy over! I also stayed in the Billard Suite. Since I was planning to finish getting ready in this room the staff was very prompt in preparing this for me and making sure it was one of the first rooms cleaned so my bridal party and I could get in. Jo kept everything on schedule and flowing seamlessly. We had SO many compliments on the venue and staff. Our guests thought our wedding easily cost $40-50k, which is certainly did not! It is the most reasonable option on the lake. After the wedding we went next store to the bar and were able to continue the party and hangout with guests. The next morning my new husband and I enjoyed a massage in the spa and was such a nice way to start off our new beginnings together! Highly recommend Belhurst for a wedding venue. Ask for Jo, she will make your dream wedding come to life!

Kari
Kari

Getting married on 08/15/2020

Great! So pretty

We had a great consult at belhurst and decided to book the venue for our wedding! So beautiful. Read more We had a great consult at belhurst and decided to book the venue for our wedding! So beautiful.

Elena
Elena Bello

Getting married on 07/26/2020

Very professional and they really know what their doing

I got to meet with Sharon the assistant coordinator. Sharon was absolutely amazing and explained everything to us in great detail with minimal questions needed afterwards. When I walked into the ... Read more Meritage room I audibly gasped. The view is quite literally breathtaking and my fiancee and I knew right then and there that this was the place for us. I also could not believe that they don't charge a venue fee. I went to many other venues who charged around $2,000 dollars just to be there on top of having to get catering and everything else involved and all I could say to my fiancee was "Are you serious? I mean this place isn't even a castle and they want this much!" Anyways long story short, we are so excited to have Belhurst Castle host our upcoming Disney themed wedding. (how perfect to be getting married in a castle)