Belle Mer

Newport, RI · View map · Visit website

About Belle Mer

Belle Mer is a glamorous seaside wedding venue located in Newport, Rhode Island. Surrounded by over seven acres of lawns on the edge of Narragansett Bay, this venue is perfect for an elegant and contemporary Newport wedding.

Facilities and Capacity
Belle Mer has many unique event spaces where you could host all of your wedding celebrations. The Ocean Lawn accommodates 1000 guests for a garden style reception and 300 guests for a waterfront ceremony. The Water Salon is the largest open air, four season event space in all of Newport, fitting 950 guests for a cocktail party and 280 guests for dinner and dancing. This venue also offers the Island House for a more intimate gathering and the Loft for bridal suite, rehearsal dinner or post-wedding brunch.

Belle Mer is a versatile venue that can accommodate anywhere from a vintage wedding to a luxurious coastal reception. It is located in the middle of many Newport attractions, such as the recreational trail Cliff Walk.

96 Reviews for Belle Mer

96 Belle Mer Reviews

L
Featured
Liz

Married on 06/30/2018

Best decision of our wedding! I am in LOVE with Belle Mer!

Belle Mer was the most amazing venue – from the location, the view, the ceremony space, to the food, and to the service. Belle Mer was an overwhelmingly amazing experience. The service we received ... Read more from our initial tour all the way through our wedding night was top notch. Stephanie made me feel so comfortable and confident leading up to the big day, and was always so helpful in answering any questions I had as quickly as possible. Even knowing how great Belle Mer was, I was still floored by how amazing the service was on the wedding day. From the moment I arrived on-site, the venue was decorated exactly as I envisioned, the bridal suite was stocked with beverages and a free pair of flip flops for my dancing feet, a bridal attendant followed us the whole night bringing us drinks and food. I truly felt like a princess. The Belle Mer team even packed up everything we brought (decorations and all) and loaded it into my parent’s cars as the night was ending. I think the key moment that exemplifies just how much the Belle Mer staff cares, is when Stephanie (who I had worked with since our food tasting) actually got down on the ground with my sister/MOH and helped bussle my dress. Choosing Belle Mer was the best decision we could have made – my husband and I truly felt like royalty!

serena
serena

Married on 06/23/2019

The Perfect Day

I had my wedding at Belle Mer on June 23, 2019. This was the first choice I made in moving through the Wedding process and I am so happy that I did! It was simply above and beyond! Stephanie, our ... Read more wedding coordinator, could not have been more fantastic. She was always quick to respond to any questions, extremely helpful and accomodating, incredibly efficient and always made things as easy as possible for me and for my mom. She was kind, patient and just overall did a phenomenal job assisting us in making this the most special, amazing day we have ever experienced. The day of, Chelsea, our day of attendant, and Stephanie were on top of everything. We had hors d'oeuvres brought over to the bridal party through photo shoots, there was always a drink in mine and Albert's hand, every moment was well coordinated and perfectly executed. The staff was fantastic. Our bartenders, Josh and Danielle were awesome and so accomodating!! The food was delicious. I think at one point I ate 4 tuna tartare bites one after another in the middle of photos (Can't wait to see how those came out 😂) We cannot speak more highly of everyone at Belle Mer or of the beauty of the venue itself and the location. Every aspect of the team to the location to the blessing of a beautiful sunny day after almost a full week of rain (and hail the day before) made our day one we will never, ever forget. We cannot thank you all enough (especially Stephanie for all of her hard work for months on end!), but we can try :) So thank you from the very bottom of our hearts! I've always thought it was corny and inaccurate to say that one day is the best of your life, but I can say very positively that Sunday was the best day of our lives. I will strive to have the rest of my days meet the feeling that we felt that day. Maybe one day we will, but I don't think anything could ever be better.

Marla
Marla Waters

Married on 05/11/2019

Everything was perfect!

I wish I could do it all over again - I would change nothing. As my husband and I were standing there being pronounced as husband and wife, I thought about how lucky I was not just to be marrying the ... Read more love of my life, but that I was able to do it in such a gorgeous place... knowing everything was taken care of.... and that all I had to do was sit back and take it all in. Stephanie Kennedy was our planner and she went above and beyond for our big day. We cannot even begin to imagine a day better than the one we had. From the staff, to the food (which EVERYONE raved about), to the tiny details.... it was amazing. Highly recommend this venue... they truly thought of everything and kept it all so organized so we could focus on our big day and enjoy it. I hope to get invited to another wedding at Belle Mer so I can enjoy it all again.