Belle Mer

Newport, RI · View map · Visit website

About Belle Mer

Belle Mer is a glamorous seaside wedding venue located in Newport, Rhode Island. Surrounded by over seven acres of lawns on the edge of Narragansett Bay, this venue is perfect for an elegant and contemporary Newport wedding.

Facilities and Capacity
Belle Mer has many unique event spaces where you could host all of your wedding celebrations. The Ocean Lawn accommodates 1000 guests for a garden style reception and 300 guests for a waterfront ceremony. The Water Salon is the largest open air, four season event space in all of Newport, fitting 950 guests for a cocktail party and 280 guests for dinner and dancing. This venue also offers the Island House for a more intimate gathering and the Loft for bridal suite, rehearsal dinner or post-wedding brunch.

Belle Mer is a versatile venue that can accommodate anywhere from a vintage wedding to a luxurious coastal reception. It is located in the middle of many Newport attractions, such as the recreational trail Cliff Walk.

94 Reviews for Belle Mer

94 Belle Mer Reviews

L
Featured
Liz

Married on 06/30/2018

Best decision of our wedding! I am in LOVE with Belle Mer!

Belle Mer was the most amazing venue – from the location, the view, the ceremony space, to the food, and to the service. Belle Mer was an overwhelmingly amazing experience. The service we received ... Read more from our initial tour all the way through our wedding night was top notch. Stephanie made me feel so comfortable and confident leading up to the big day, and was always so helpful in answering any questions I had as quickly as possible. Even knowing how great Belle Mer was, I was still floored by how amazing the service was on the wedding day. From the moment I arrived on-site, the venue was decorated exactly as I envisioned, the bridal suite was stocked with beverages and a free pair of flip flops for my dancing feet, a bridal attendant followed us the whole night bringing us drinks and food. I truly felt like a princess. The Belle Mer team even packed up everything we brought (decorations and all) and loaded it into my parent’s cars as the night was ending. I think the key moment that exemplifies just how much the Belle Mer staff cares, is when Stephanie (who I had worked with since our food tasting) actually got down on the ground with my sister/MOH and helped bussle my dress. Choosing Belle Mer was the best decision we could have made – my husband and I truly felt like royalty!

C
Cynthia Monteiro

Married on 04/13/2019

Exceeded out expectations

WOW what a beautiful venue. We absolutely loved everything. Staff was amazing, very focused, caring & very accommodating. Food exceeded our expectation (and one of us is very picky). We couldn't be ... Read more happier with our selection. Wow wow wow has been our guests reaction.

Brian
Brian Stone

Married on 04/05/2019

A Dream Come True for My Daughter

Perfect location, great food and excellent service. My daughter in law is a wedding planner in Wilmington, NC and manage to work with the staff at Belle Mer remotely with no issues at all. From her ... Read more perspective, the venue's standard package was extensive and good quality - i.e. nice chairs, tables, silverware, table clothes, etc. It was a wide open room with floor to ceiling doors that could be opened to bring the outside in. There was very little she had to upgrade. As part of the package, you get a room for the bride to get ready and is yours all night long. It is a huge space on the second floor overlooking the outdoor ceremony area. In our case, the entire wedding party met, took some pictures, relaxed before the event started. We then returned to the space, had a drink and hor d'ouevres before joining the cocktail hour. A person is assigned to the bride for the entire time so anything she needed was taken care of. There were two event spaces but they don't overlap at all. There was a 200 plus person wedding going on the same time and we didn't hear or see anyone from the other wedding. The food was fantastic! Every guest that we spoke to raved about the quality of the food. All of our guests thoroughly enjoyed the event. One friend told us that he has a very close friend that lives in Newport. When our friend shared where the wedding was being held, the local (Newport) friend said Belle Mer was the best wedding location in Newport. As the father of the bride, I never saw my daughter more happy in her life. Never thought we could afford a wedding in Newport but timing is everything. End of April and early May is a shoulder season so it was no more expensive than places we looked at in Old Saybrook and Westbrook CT. Highly recommend Belle Mer!