Bernardo Winery

San Diego, CA · View map · Visit website

About Bernardo Winery

Bernardo Winery is a historic winery and wedding venue in San Diego, California. Established in 1889, this winery has hosted hundreds of weddings and events for people of all walks of life. The authentic Italian-inspired ambiance makes Bernardo Winery like no other. You’ll walk through the vineyards, relax under the olive trees, or tour the historical and rustic barrel room and realize there is no better place to celebrate “I do.” California sunshine and rich, decadent wines will enhance your perfect day. Whether you’re planning an intimate elopement or a lavish affair with all of your loved ones, Bernardo Winery will make our day truly unforgettable.

Facilities and Capacity
Bernardo Winery offers both indoor and outdoor venue space to make your day one of a kind. Small indoor receptions can be held in the 125-year-old barrel room, with antique redwood wine tanks lining the walls. The barrel room can accommodate up to 50 guests for an intimate seated meal. For larger receptions and outdoor ceremonies, Rosario’s Pavilion accommodates up to 240 seated guests. It is shaded by the property’s olive trees and is ideal for ceremonies. Vito's Park provides the most space, with seating for up to 300 guests. Vito’s Park has patio space, gazebos, open green space, and lovely vistas of the vineyards. A small village of shops, cafes, restaurants, and gardens resides nearby for pre-wedding entertainment.

Bernardo Winery ensures every wedding couple receives five-star treatment from beginning to end of their wedding experience. The attentive staff will help plan all the details of your wedding day, from coordinating with your other vendors to helping your out-of-town guests find accommodations nearby and directions to the winery. They provide onsite catering and floral services, however outside caterers from their preferred vendors list are allowed. Bernardo Winery serves wine and beer at all events. All their wines and other produce is organically grown and sustainably made. They also produce avocados, olive oil, and greens onsite which can be incorporated into your sustainable wedding meal.

26 Reviews for Bernardo Winery

26 Bernardo Winery Reviews

H
Hailey

Married on 11/03/2018

You NEED to have your wedding at the Bernardo Winery!

We could not have found a more perfect wedding venue for our special day. The Bernardo Winery is a hidden gem in San Diego that is gorgeous, rustic and brings its own history which adds to the ... Read more uniqueness of the venue. All of our guests are local to San Diego and everyone kept coming up to me throughout the night saying how pretty the venue is, that they want to come back to the winery to explore more & enjoy wine tastings with their friends. The venue is everything that my husband & I had wanted + more. When you book at the winery you also get the perk of their venue coordinator, Terry Lowrey. Terry is above and beyond fantastic. She brings a lot of experience for her new brides that feel lost in the planning process. She is patient with you, makes sure that your wedding goes as seamless as possible and is open to making things happen, the way you envisioned it. She is the reason that not one thing went wrong at our wedding. Terry catered to my special requests, made a point that whatever my vision for the day was that she would execute it and she also had many suggestions/ideas/answers when I was struggling to find solutions of my own. I highly recommend this venue and I highly recommend Terry Lowrey! Thank you for making my wedding everything I had ever hoped for.

D
Debra

Married on 05/25/2018

Terry and her team at the Bernardo Winery did a fantastic job. They made sure everything went off as planned. The setting at the winery is beautiful and Rosario's Pavillon is a perfect outdoor wedding ... Read more wedding venue. Would highly recommend this venue.

D
David

Married on 11/18/2017

We cannot say enough about how great Bernardo Winery treated us and our wedding. Everything turned out beautiful and way better than we could have ever dreamed. The staff was amazing and treated us ... Read more like royalty! Definitely recommend them for your wedding needs!