Big Cork Vineyards

Rohrersville, MD · View map · Visit website

About Big Cork Vineyards

Big Cork Vineyards, a winery in the greater Washington, D.C. area, invites couples to celebrate a vintage country wedding. At this winery, couples will find a working vineyard with rows upon rows of grapevines. There is also an elegant indoor location with bright chandeliers and barrels of wine.

Facilities and Capacity

Couples can invite up to 250 guests to their wedding at the Big Cork Vineyards. Ceremonies can be held in locations across the property at this charming vineyard. With the grapevines as the backdrop, these ceremonies are natural and breathtaking. In the distance, mountain peaks rise up to meet the blue sky. In addition to wooden chairs, the venue provides a standalone door in a frame which stands at the start of the aisle. There are also multiple reception spots for couples to choose from. The tasting room, with its metallic and wooden barrels, makes the perfect location to set up long reception tables. Overhead, white chandeliers in a twisting design light the room. The building also has a patio space outside for a couple’s reception or cocktail hour. This includes tables partially in the shade and partially out in the sun, or — as twilight settles in — under the stars.

At this rustic winery, couples can have both their wedding ceremony and reception. For couples who want to use the winery but have a different plan in mind for their wedding day, the venue is open to hosting bridal showers and engagement parties as well. The venue offers the following services and event items:

• Bridal suite
  • Glassware
  • Liability insurance
  • Parking
  • Tables

Location

This venue sits in Rohrersville, Maryland. It is located between Gathland State Park and the Potomac River. Only a 15-minute drive from Harpers Ferry and a 27-minute drive from Frederick, there is plenty surrounding this private vineyard. Couples can also make the 80-minute drive from this venue to downtown Washington, D.C. Out-of-town guests can travel to the Dulles International Airport and drive 55 minutes to reach the winery.

14 Reviews for Big Cork Vineyards

14 Big Cork Vineyards Reviews

G
Featured
Gwen

Getting married on 06/01/2019

Wonderful to work with very accommodating!

I recently held a bridal shower for my daughter at the Big House. Meagan was my contact and she could not have been more accommodating. I had requested extra chairs and tables and she had everything ... Read more all ready to go when we arrived for set-up. The house was the perfect location for the type of shower we were hoping to throw. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking to hold a shower or event.

C
Chelsea

Married on 11/24/2018

The most beautiful venue

Big Cork made our wedding everything we hoped and dreamed it would be. Meagan G. Was the best in keeping in constant contact with us about any concerns or issues that arose. The big house that we got ... Read more to use was a HUGE plus as well. We had beautiful views, amazing wine and the perfect set up for our wedding thanks to Big Cork!

E
Erin

Married on 09/08/2018

Wedding reception

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Big Cork vineyards and it was the absolute perfect venue to celebrate our big day. Meagan and Tina were incredible to work with, answered all of our ... Read more questions and helped to calm me down when wedding planning became stressful. They were there every step of the way to make sure my vision came to life and it was the perfect day. The vineyard itself is gorgeous, and the house on the property made the venue even better. We had our after party at the Big House on the property and had food delivered from a pizza restaurant Meagan suggested. From the planning to every minute of our wedding day, our wedding was absolutely perfect and it was a huge thanks to Meagan and Tina. My husband and I live almost 2 hours away from the vineyard but we love to go back to visit any chance we get. I cannot recommend this venue enough. It was spectacular.