Big J Music Services

Guaynabo, PR · View map

About Big J Music Services

Joel Lopez (Aka Dj Big J) Born on November 6 in San Juan P.R. and raise in Toa Baja, Levittown. At the age of 5 he started having an interest in music by learning how to play the piano only by ear. Having no music knowledge what so ever he grabs a guitar and continued his interests in music. His parents notice his skills and place him with a music instructor. He learns a lot about the essence of music and continued his journey in other aspects of it. At the age of 13 he was offered a spot in a school band playing the trumpet, trombone, tuba & drums. At age of 18 he was more interested in being a radio announcer. He worked, as a “freelance” in a few of them but music, was in his blood and he start “djing”. Making a fusion between “Mcing” & "Djing” he got a lot of respect in the Night Clubs industry playing in clubs and pub’s like: St Mick’s, Area 51, Island Jamaica, Club Babylon, Shannon’s Pub to name a few. But he wanted to expand to a different crow and that’s went he start working in an entertainment company. In 2002 he started playing at Wedding’s, quinceaneros, bar mitzvah and rocking each one of them. With his “Mcing & Djing” skills he kept the attention of Event’s/Wedding’s Coordinator’s who ask him to play in all sorts events. In 2006 he started his own company call Big J Music Services with the help of his family, friends and all the coordinators who supported him. Today he is one of the best Club/Wedding /dj/mc on the island.

117 Reviews for Big J Music Services

117 Big J Music Services Reviews

Isabel
Isabel

Married on 07/05/2019

Best DJ in Puerto Rico!

Our wedding planner Rosalina Torres recommended Big J to do the music for our wedding and are we super happy she did! Joel did an amazing job! He played exactly what we wanted and even played music ... Read more that he thought would get my guests dancing! The whole night my guests were on their feet dancing the night away!! We had a power outage at one point and the music was still playing! I don't know how he did that but it was super awesome! My husband and I couldn't have had anyone better, Joel is the best! I would recommend Big J music to everyone and anyone who needed music for their event, whether it be a wedding, birthday celebration, or a corporate event! He is amazing! Thank you Joel for playing awesome music at our wedding you are amazing, professional, nice, and just absolutely awesome!!

J
Jaime

Married on 06/14/2019

Danced Our a$$e$ off!!

Big J came highly recommend to us by several of our vendors! I had contacted Joel about a year prior to our wedding and I loved his personality over email! He was professional and kind and answered ... Read more answered all of my questions!! I knew I couldn't go wrong hiring him!! My husband and I are huge music lovers and we LOVE to dance and have a good time! Well that's exactly what we did!! Our wedding was amazing!!! Joel played all of the music that we had selected and then some!! The way he mixes one song into the next, was awesome!!! We had an amazing white dance floor that was lit and sparkling! It tied the whole night together!! When I say all 85 of us were up dancing, I'm serious!! It was non stop! Every seat was empty!! His energy and love for music is evident!! He knows how to have a good time and the way he engages with the crowd is the best!! We had the BEST TIME EVER!!! Joel, you know I love you!! You're amazing, And I couldn't have asked for a more perfect entertainer for our wedding!!! Our guests are still talking about you and how awesome you were!!! Thanks for being so awesome!!!

B
Brukendra

Married on 06/10/2019

June 10,2019

Dj Joel was amazing. He kept my guest on the dance floor. Read more Dj Joel was amazing. He kept my guest on the dance floor.