Big Lucky

Los Angeles, California · View map · Visit website

About Big Lucky

Big Lucky is a Los Angeles-based wedding retro-swing band that specializes in performing the toe-tapping sounds of the prohibition era. The band is fronted by meow meow diva Val Peterson, bandleader and saxophonist Paul Frederick and a talented team of some of the finest musicians Southern California has to offer. On the day of your wedding, Big Lucky will keep you and your guests on the dance floor all night with their high energy and amazing sound.

Big Lucky can play as a trio, as an 18-piece orchestra and everything in between on your special day. While the band’s passionate about performing swing and big band favorites from the 1920s, Big Lucky’s music repertoire is extremely versatile. You and your guests will be dazzled by their performances of several genres, which includes classic rock and Motown hits from the 1950s, 1960s, 1970s and current hits, as well as salsa, traditional polka and waltzes. Although the band is based in L.A., they are willing to travel the globe to perform on your wedding day. Big Lucky can also provide MC services during your wedding ceremony, cocktail hour and reception.

14 Reviews for Big Lucky

14 Big Lucky Reviews

S
Featured
Steph

Married on 11/04/2017

Our experience was AMAZING! They are PROS. If you want to work with a team that is truly professional - they are they way to go. And they are incredibly talented musicians. I ended up also hiring ... Read more hiring Valerie to Cantor our WEDDING MASS. She was an amazing resource for me during the wedding planning phases and navigating music planning. I really wanted a lot of "smooth jazz" and maybe a different vibe than the band was used to - but they NAILED IT. Brought 3 different saxophones and KILLED IT. Our guests were complimenting us on our choice of band all night (and still days after the party) They are amazing and really good people. That was actually one of the reasons I went with them right off the bat because Paul called me right back and we were able to chat about music and venues. They are good people and true professionals. We were happy to have them fit right in with our family and give a perfect flow to our evening. We love Big Lucky!!! Thank you, Paul & Valerie! We love you so much xoxoxo Steph & Eddie PS - they also learned a special song for my mom and played it while we cut our cake and it is literally one of our best memories to have in our hearts forever.

A
A

Married on 01/01/2019

Big Lucky is awesome. Wouldn't have any other band play for my wedding. Very professional, fun, engaging, and definitely worth every penny. Thanks so much! Read more Big Lucky is awesome. Wouldn't have any other band play for my wedding. Very professional, fun, engaging, and definitely worth every penny. Thanks so much!

J
Jared

Married on 09/02/2018

We could not have been happier with Big Lucky! They completely understood the type of experience we wanted to create for our guests, from the ceremony to the cocktail hour to the reception. They ... Read more provided a unique musical quality to each portion of the day. We received lots of compliments on their music, and they really set the tone for a good time! Val and Paul were great to work with, responsive to our requests and brilliant in their suggestions. They are the best!!