Big Ray & the Kool Kats

Charlottesville, VA · View map · Visit website

About Big Ray & the Kool Kats

A multi-talented wedding band in Charlottesville, Virginia, Big Ray and the Kool Kats is the perfect choice for newly engaged couples looking to appeal to a variety of styles and tastes. Specializing in everything from Motown to classic rock, the 11-piece ensemble has been blowing couples away since 1996. Founded by longtime professional musician Ray Caddell, Big Ray and the Kool Kats knows exactly how to make your affair one to remember!

Experience
Big Ray and the Kool Kats has won five WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards! They were named one of the best wedding bands in America by Modern Bride Magazine. Ray Caddell has appeared and recorded with Tony Bennett and Frank Sinatra, among others. With credits like these, you can't go wrong with this wedding band!

Big Ray and the Kool Kats’ large ensemble of professional musicians leaves nothing to chance in order to ensure the smooth success of your event. In addition to their extensive set list, their services include:

• Ability to learn new songs
  • Music during breaks
  • Lighting
  • Microphones
  • Sound/PA system
  • MC

Areas Covered
Big Ray and the Kool Kats is more than happy to assist couples in an array of locations. In addition to the Charlottesville area, the band also services D.C., Maryland, Virginia and North Carolina.

112 Reviews for Big Ray & the Kool Kats

112 Big Ray & the Kool Kats Reviews

L
Featured
Lee Morck

Married on 07/06/2019

Incredible and unforgettable! Book big ray!

WOW. For 5 years, I worked for one of the largest wedding agencies in America booking wedding bands out of Richmond all over the country. In fact, I personally booked Big Ray more times than I can ... Read more count for past clients. I feel I have this incredibly unique perspective of being an ex agent, but also being the Groom now. I've seen/booked a million wedding bands, but very few stick out like BRKK. Where do I even begin? His ability to have a double digit member band with incredible horn section and multiple leads and vocals? Rays organization as a band leader? The amazing communication throughout your entire event from start to finish? His ability to see your day of schedule and based on his incredibly deep experience, offer advice that no one has thought of yet? The energy they bring as soon as they step on stage? The talent of the band? The classy look? It's all 5 STAR. Ray is worth every single penny and then some. Do not slack on your music in your budget, it makes the event. People forget so many details about weddings they've attended, but guess the one thing they always talk about years later? THE BAND! Most people want to sit down and talk with band leaders about what specifically they want to hear etc. As an agent, we always advised against getting into specific artists or when to play what, but keeping it more "no this or that, but we love this". The bands entire job is to keep everyone dancing and happy, but part of that is letting them do their thing in terms of tempo and how they structure the set. Once they've got you up, they want to keep you up and dancing. When my wife and I talked with Ray about music, he already knew I was a funk/motown/classic kind of guy. I literally said, "do what you do. Our families loves the funk". I didn't have to say another word. There was no, "I don't like this artist or that artist", just "do what you do". They're so talented that they're able to take this amazing road of feeling out the crowd in an instant and going right off that. They never stopped playing it seemed like! I danced so hard and for so long, that I had to change into a second dress shirt halfway through because I looked like I had been caught in a torrential down pour of rain. Over 2 weeks later and I am still getting emails and text messages specifically about how amazing the band was and how much fun everyone had because of BRKK. If you want a band, go book a random act online. If you want a customized EXPERIENCE that you will never, ever forget, trust in Ray. He will take care of you and your family as his own! Ray, you're the man!

P
Patrick Tobey

Married on 01/30/2019

Washington Golf and Country Club welcomes Big Ray any time

I could always count on Big Ray and The Kool Kats to put on a great show and make my members happy. Been working with them for years and will continue to do so for many more. Cant say enough nice ... Read more things about my experiences, always a pleasure.

K
Katheryn M.

Married on 11/17/2018

Best of the best! Brought down the house!

Big Ray brought down the house, and was amazing to work with - across the board. He was incredibly flexible with the playlist - and had everyone on the dancefloor the entire night. Would 10/10 ... Read more recommend!