Big Sky Resort

Big Sky, Montana · View map · Visit website

About Big Sky Resort

Big Sky Resort is a two season resort in the greater Bozeman, Montana area. This winter & summer resort offers weddings for couples Thanksgiving – April & June - September, boasting beautiful mountain views year round from all venues. This private and outdoorsy venue is a scenic 70-minute drive from downtown Bozeman.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples can invite up to 300 guests to join them for a wedding at Big Sky Resort. With numerous ceremony and reception options, both indoors and outside, couples can work with the Wedding Sales Manager to select their ideal venue. Venues include Huntley Dining Room, with floor-to-ceiling windows; The Lone Peak Pavilion*, an all weather, white wedding tent at the base of Lone Peak; The Talus Room, a banquet room in the Summit Hotel with views of the surrounding mountaintops; or Peaks*, a venue in the Summit Hotel with a beautiful bar and outdoor terrace.

*Indicates Summer-Only Venues

This resort offers overnight accommodations to couples and their guests. It is pet friendly and guests will find both parking and valet options. The venue also offers the following for a couple’s wedding:

• Audio equipment
  • Setup
  • Tents
  • Preferred vendors list

Food & Beverage Catering
The bartenders at the Big Sky Resort offer full in-house bar services to couples, and onsite chefs prepare delicious menus. Catering can be served in the following styles:

• Buffet
  • Cocktail reception
  • Dessert
  • Family style
  • Plated
  • Servers
  • Action Stations

Accommodation
The venue offers romantic honeymoon suites for the couple’s first married night together*, and a variety of room options for overnight guests at preferred rates. From rustic cabin lodging to modern hotel accommodations, couples and guests will find a room that suits their needs.

*Requires minimum lodging block

Other Services
Members of the wedding party can pamper themselves before the big day at the Solace Spa & Salon. The venue hosts bridal showers, brunch, engagement parties and rehearsal dinners in addition to ceremonies and receptions.

2 Reviews for Big Sky Resort

2 Big Sky Resort Reviews

HyattBerry
Tabatha

Married on 04/10/2015

Big Sky Resort itself is fine, but a resort, so extra taxes, pricey, etc. However, we wanted a Montana Mountain wedding and Margo, the wedding planner was VERY helpful and even though we weren't using ... Read more using the "resort" facilities, since we opted for a wagon ride dinner adventure. They were accommodating to our guests,t o us and Margo was VERY VEYR helpful when Big Sky had to shut our snowcat dinner yurt down due to lack of snow! She helped, was responsive and made the change much less stressful, and held a couple of rooms for us to choose from! Thank you Margo!

K
keri

Married on 06/18/2016

1.6

I recently had my wedding (rehearsal, ceremony and reception) at Big Sky resort. The day was beautiful and so was the setting... But the planning and execution of the ceremony and reception left so ... Read more much to be desired. The planning phase was madness about 1.5 months before the wedding the planner/coordinator left Big Sky. I found this out when I sent an email to confirm a decoration detail and received an automatic response telling me that she was no longer there. My fiance and I ended up making a trip back to Big Sky to go over everything we had already planned with the new person who would be taking over planning and coordinating the wedding. The new coordinator was less than responsive to my questions, requests and concerns as the wedding date neared...some times taking up to a week to respond to me (and anyone who was planned a wedding knows that in the last month of planning a wedding a week to respond feels like eternity!) But we made it through all of that and it was finally the weekend of our wedding, Thursday we did a walk through of the venue to go over what would be completed on Friday and final details that would be taken care of Saturday. On our wedding day I put my faith into the coordinator to fulfill the duties we had discussed less than 48 hours earlier...mistake on my part, she took the liberty to change multiple things in the ceremony and reception with out asking/informing or updating me at all through out the day...in fact when I tried to get a hold of her on the wedding day it was nearly impossible. She missed multiple things leading up to the wedding and showed up to the ceremony after the starting time of the wedding. Things that were promised to us the day of wedding never happened and I ended up calling at 2 am after the ceremony to locate the cards and gifts that were not were they were agreed to be stored. When we received the bill, additional fees were added to the cost of the wedding, that had agreed to in the contract.

Big Sky Resort FAQ