Birkby House

Leesburg, VA · View map · Visit website

About Birkby House

The Birkby House is a historic mansion in the greater Washington, D.C. area where couples can host a classic wedding. This mansion of bricks features numerous beautiful locations where couples can marry, including a white gazebo, a delicate tented space, and a stone-paved patio. This venue, located in the Northern Virginia area, is approximately a 45-minute drive to Arlington National Cemetery.

Facilities and Capacity

This lovely mansion venue, set upon a garden landscape, welcomes up to 200 guests for a couple’s big day. The brick facade of this house, with black shutters and white accents, makes a charming backdrop for wedding portraits or a ceremony. Couples can choose to hold their ceremony under the shade of the white gazebo or on the patio laid with stone underfoot. Shrubbery surrounds both of these romantic locations and the mansion is visible from either option. Receptions can then take place in the Birkby House’s grand flowing tent. This tent, made of delicate and airy fabric, features a paved flooring with bricks and cement, with a black and white checkerboard tile dance floor. Sparkling crystal chandeliers overhead add a touch of class to this space. The tent also offers open side spaces or plastic windows to let in natural light. The draped fabric overhead and all around makes for graceful wedding photographs.

The staff at this venue offers services to make couples feel like guests at their own wedding. These services allow them to sit back and relax, rather than fret over the details, large or small. Couples, who can use this venue for their bridal shower and engagement party in addition to their ceremony and reception, will find the following services and event items at the Birkby House:

• Altar/arches
  • Setup
  • Tables
  • Tents

Other Facilities

A bridal suite and groom’s suite are available for couples to use on the top floor of this historic mansion. The Bride’s Salon features a full-length mirror and closet tall enough for a wedding dress. A private bathroom and separate porch overlooking the gardens are also attached to this room. The Groom’s Suite includes a board room and sitting room with a private bathroom.

99 Reviews for Birkby House

99 Birkby House Reviews

K
Featured
Kelly Kessler

Married on 10/06/2018

Beautiful, accommodating, easy to work with

My husband and I got married at Birkby on October 6, 2018. We worked closely with Carleigh and Kristin to book the Birkby and then decided to use their planning help as well through Simply Royal. ... Read more Birkby was the perfect choice for our wedding, and Carleigh and Kristin were amazing to work with. They were caring, helpful, and anticipated our questions. They were also able to draw on their experience with vendors around town to make recommendations which was super helpful. On the day of, the Birkby was clean, there were beautiful fall decorations outside, and Carleigh and Kristin were so helpful with coordinating all of our vendors and the events of the day. They made sure we had everything we needed and really felt like friends through the whole process. I can't say enough about how much we loved our whole experience - the Birkby was a beautiful backdrop for our day and Carleigh and Kristin were fantastic. Thank you both so much!!!

Kristina
Kristina Perry

Getting married on 12/05/2020

LOVE Birkby House - My Dream Wedding

The first time I toured Birkby House I instantly knew it would be the perfect spot for my garden style brunch wedding. The grounds and the tent are so gorgeous I had to do very minimal decorating, I ... Read more let the beautiful grounds be my back drop. I can not say enough good things about Carleigh and Kristin as wedding coordinators. Carleigh truly saved the day when my hair and make up lady was two hours late and found someone local to help do makeup for my MOH, Mom, and I, and she did a fantastic job! Kristin was beyond helpful throughout the entire process and so easy to communicate with and ask questions. She made sure my fiance and I had drinks, appetizers, and were comfortable throughout the entire day. She even helped me out of my veil and bustled my dress! She kept everything on track so that we could enjoy each moment we had planned. After the ceremony they were incredibly helpful helping my Mom pack up all of our belongings and get them in the car. These ladies are amazing at what they do and you can tell they just genuinely love it. Its a family business and they are just great people. My guests had a blast and I received so many compliments on how beautiful and classy the wedding venue was. I wish I could relive my wedding day 100x over, and I would do it at Birkby House every time.

B
Bre C

Married on 11/10/2018

Great experience

As soon as we arrived to take a tour we knew this was the perfect venue. The whole place is so beautiful it almost didn’t need any decorations. Also, everyone at the venue is so friendly and helpful. ... Read more We ended up having a really cold day for our wedding and even though we still wanted to do the ceremony outside, the Birkby House team was able to make quick arrangements to bring cocktail hour inside where it would be warmer for our guests. Everything went off without a hitch and despite the last minute changes the team handled everything so smoothly there was no need to panic. We got lots of compliments from our guests about what a great and unique venue it was, and even the photographer loved the natural beauty of the whole place. Many compliments to the Birkby House!