Bittersweet Farm

Westport, MA · View map · Visit website

About Bittersweet Farm

Bittersweet Farm is a wedding venue located in Westport, Massachusetts that is situated on a 29-acre farm dating back to the 1920s. With an elegant country atmosphere and a picturesque location, this venue is perfect for a rustic wedding.

Facilities and Capacity
Bittersweet Farm has many event spaces that are the ideal backdrop for all your wedding celebrations. The Gazebo is placed in the middle of stone-lined meadows and is a beautiful ceremony location. The Main Dining Room and Balcony is a stunning reception area that accommodates 175 guests. The Great Loft is a private space for smaller wedding events of up to 60 guests. The farm also has an outdoor patio that is a casual location for your cocktail hour.

This venue utilizes modern amenities to give guests a comfortable experience as they take in the breathtaking surroundings. The following services will also be provided for couples:

• Professional event manager
  • One bartender per 100 guests
  • Ivory or white floor length linens and napkins
  • Complimentary food tasting for the couple
  • On-site parking
  • Portable heaters for patio
  • Additional rentals
  • Vendor suggestions

Cuisine
Bittersweet Farm offers all-inclusive wedding packages as well as customized seasonal and local menus. Their menus include passed hors d’oeuvres, stationary appetizers, entrees, late night snacks and cocktails.

78 Reviews for Bittersweet Farm

78 Bittersweet Farm Reviews

Becca
Becca Falvey

Married on 06/08/2019

Wedding Reception

Where do I begin? Our wedding reception was what all our dreams were made of and more. The team at Bittersweet was excellent – responsive, precise, professional, accommodating and down to earth. One ... Read more thing that is absolutely fantastic about Bittersweet Farm is how clear and seamless their process is once you choose them. We had looked at a few other venues but nothing compared to how transparent Bittersweet Farm was/is – their packages are easy to understand, reasonable and not to mention the food is absolutely delicious. Our guests still rave about the raw bar and their main courses. Also, Carla made sure my husband and I as well as our bridal party had appetizers and drinks throughout the cocktail hour as we were taking photos. She checked on my husband and I as well as our families frequently throughout the evening which is something you often don’t find with venues from what I’ve seen and heard. Carla did wonderful assisting us throughout the process and she worked so well with my wedding planner maintaining contact with her without me ever needing to initiate (as well as our other vendors). I had a very specific vision for our wedding and the team at Bittersweet Farm did not flinch throughout the planning process. I am also somewhat of a perfectionist and I can honestly say Carla made me feel heard and at ease – I loved being able to text her with any questions or concerns at any hour. They worked so well with the vendors to bring my vision to life - I was speechless when I walked into the reception for the first time. In terms of the atmosphere, the grounds at Bittersweet are beautifully maintained. The reception was one hell of a party (I specifically love that they offer 6 hours for reception – most venues are 5 hours with extra costs if you want your wedding to be longer). The team was with us right up until the end of the wedding and beyond midnight. I cannot say enough about how fantastic our wedding day was and we have absolutely no complaints – they exceeded our expectations. We are so thankful that we had such a beautiful wedding day thanks to Bittersweet Farm.

S
Sierra

Married on 05/26/2019

Brunch Wedding

Beautiful wedding. Barely decorated and the place was outstanding Read more Beautiful wedding. Barely decorated and the place was outstanding

M
Mark DeMello

Married on 03/02/2019

A must use!

I highly recommend using Bittersweet Farms. We dealt with two coordinators through the entire process. Kayla, who we talked to for our initial tour, was extremely nice and personable. Krystol was our ... Read more main contact for basically everything else. She was a pleasure to work with. A huge help from beginning to end with absolutely anything we threw at her. The times when there was overlap between the two, it was always seamless. The venue itself is fantastic. They have recently had the floors redone and put in new lighting. It is very clean and well maintained. The bar being located on the upstairs balcony gives your guests a fun viewing location for the festivities. The food is also delicious!! The support staff are also rockstars. They were very professional, timely, and polite. Again, I highly recommended using this venue for your big day!!