Bittersweet Pastry Shop

Chicago, Illinois · View map · Visit website

About Bittersweet Pastry Shop

Bittersweet Pastry Shop has been creating fresh sweets, pastries and wedding cakes in the Chicago area for over 25 years. This premier European-style pastry shop and café was founded in 1992 by award-winning pastry chef Judy Contino and offers some of the finest delectable desserts in Chicago. Whether you desire a signature wedding cake or a beautifully designed sweet table, Bittersweet Pastry Shop offers a wide selection of delicate designs that will impress your wedding guests.

This pastry shop provides sweets tables, desserts, cupcakes and signature wedding cakes in a variety of exceptional flavors, fillings and finishes for weddings and other special occasions. Their culinary specialists will help you choose the ideal desserts for your wedding. Event services offered include the following:

• Consultations

95 Bittersweet Pastry Shop Reviews

Featured
User5066394

2+ years ago

Bittersweet was an amazing experience from beginning to end. From scheduling the tasting, to the actual tasting of almost everything they make, to delivery and finally EATING it, it was all wonderful. ... Read more Delicious, moist cakes, beautiful slices, more than ample amounts of cake for everyone to feel full to bursting, and a beautiful and tasteful cake design. The best part for me though was the affordability. I felt like we got $1000 worth of cake for much, much less. Highly recommended!

Jenn
Jenn

Married on 06/01/2019

Guests could not stop talking about how delicious the cake was!

I am so glad that the bakery that the Odyssey Lake Michigan cruises (our wedding venue) has a contract with is Bittersweet Bakery. Nancy was so easy to work with, and so accommodating of all our ... Read more requests and the multiple times that we changed our minds about the cake design throughout the decision-making process. My husband, two sisters, and I had so much fun at the cake tasting trying out different fillings and cake flavors, and our final flavor combination picks were DELICIOUS (which Nancy helped to guide us through). Things were such a whirlwind on wedding day that my husband and I only got one small bite of cake (the one we fed each other when we cut the cake). We had been so looking forward to eating cake again on our wedding day, but we were too busy talking to guests the rest of the evening to realize that slices of cake had been put down at our table! However, we got so, so many compliments from our guests saying how good the cake was, and my husband and I are so excited to have cake again during our anniversary!

W
Will Kirkgard

Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing and Tasteful Wedding Cake

I can not say enough about our wedding cake. It was a simple white buttercream wedding cake, but my goodness it was beautiful and absolutely tasty. We loved every minute of working with the ... Read more Bittersweet Pastry Shop team, and would recommend them to anyone looking for a timeless and wonderful wedding cake.