Black Creek Flowers & Sweets

Mechanicsville, VA · View map

About Black Creek Flowers & Sweets

Black Creek Flowers is operated by a husband and wife team. With several years of combined experience, Cameron and Erica Hutchison decided to open their own florist in their hometown of Mechanicsville. Erica studied Business at Longwood University and Cameron works full time as a Lieutenant Fire Fighter.

We serve the Central Virginia area, but we travel for weddings! We boast a fresh, shabby-chic design style, but work with all themes, tastes, and budgets!

Our company is based on the belief that the customers' needs are of the utmost importance. As a result, a high percentage of our business is from repeat customers and referrals. Our reviews say it all! And be sure to check out our image gallery.

64 Reviews for Black Creek Flowers & Sweets

64 Black Creek Flowers & Sweets Reviews

Annabelle
Annabelle Mills

Married on 06/22/2019

Beautiful flowers!

I would recommend Erica to anyone! She is kind, knowledgeable, and was able to create the exact bouquets and floral arrangements that I had in mind. Her pricing is very reasonable and she was so easy ... Read more to work with. I could not be happier with how the flowers for our event turned out!

Haley
Haley Morris

Married on 05/04/2019

Erica is incredibly talented

Erica is incredible OH MY GOODNESS. Saying she is talented is a serious understatement. I gave her a budget and color scheme I had in mind for my flowers. Other than that I was pretty clueless on what ... Read more what I wanted and needed for my wedding. Erica gave such helpful recommendations and guided me through the planning process in a way that I could easily understand and wasn’t overwhelmed by. We gave each guest a succulent as their favor and Erica was able to order 230+ succulents for me no problem. She made incredible wine barrel flower displays as our reception was at a winery. My favorite thing she did was flowers going up the tree at our ceremony as we got married under that very tree. I would have paid double what she charged. Our guests commented non stop about the flowers and are still talking about the tree wrap she did! Thank you Erica for making our wedding unforgettable!

Katie
Katie

Married on 12/31/2018

The Most Beautiful Flowers

Erica and her team were amazing to work with. I had an idea of what I wanted, but I knew nothing about flowers. I had also heard that wedding flowers could be a budget killer, so I was nervous that I ... Read more couldn't get everything that I wanted within my budget. Erica quickly alleviated all of my fears! I was impressed by two things when we met: 1) She asked me my budget, and she assured me that we could work within it. She recommended that we set the number aside while we talked about what I'd ideally want and then do the math to see whether it fit within what I wanted to spend. She promised that she'd help scale and prioritize to ensure that I could get the look I was going for without breaking the bank. I'm happy to report that we totaled up all of my requests and came in right on budget without having to cut anything from the design! 2) As we talked through the look I wanted, she taught me about the different flower options. I explained that I wanted soft and white, with pops of pink and lots of greenery. Erica showed me picture after picture to get a better idea of what kinds of blooms, textures and colors that I'd like to see. She helped me understand what would be in season, and she took the venue, my style and the look that I was going into consideration. Throughout the year, Erica checked in to see how I was doing, and she made updates to the design as my wedding vision changed. On the day of, I was so happy with the results. I would highly recommend her!!