Black Dahlia

Melville, New York · View map · Visit website

About Black Dahlia

Black Dahlia Inc. provides florals for weddings in Melville, New York. Owner Sheryl Cappelli first started her career with flowers when she helped a bride with a makeshift bouquet that ended up saving the day. Since then, she and her team of floral designers have been providing couples in the Long Island region with beautiful arrangements and decor for their ceremony and reception.

No matter what vision you have for your wedding day—classic, tropical, rustic, vintage, etc—Sheryl will make sure that everything is just as you imagined, if not more. With her team of experienced florists, they are able to provide you with a variety of ceremony and decor options. From ceremony decor to table arrangements, bouquets, boutonnieres and more, they have your floral arrangement needs covered. Black Dahlia Inc. is available for consultations after hours and by appointment only. Sheryl's services include:

• Setup

Featured
Jamie Sclafani

Married on 11/11/2018

Sonja = Majestic Floral Angel

Where do we begin. The experience my husband Joe and I had with Sonja at Black Dahlia was nothing short of a dream. When we started our wedding process, we had so much anxiety around how we wanted our ... Read more our day to look. We started with just white flowers and some greenery. We had our first appointment with Sonja and right off the bat we vibed with her. She was so patient in trying to understand how we wanted our day to look while also helping us in checking some other things off our list. We left that appointment feeling super connected and trusted her with making our day perfect. We hit that point that I think every couple does, Oh shit I don’t know if thats what we actually want! We made another appointment with Sonja, she will do ANYTHING to accommodate you within reason, and we workshopped for almost 3 hours. We left that appointment JAZZED about how our day would look now that we got over the “no color” hump. Cut too our wedding day. When I tell you our day looked like a dream because of Sonja I don’t say this lightly. She met us at our hotel with floral we needed for photos, she arrived at the venue early, and made sure everything was perfect. When Joe and I walked into our reception space we nearly passed out. We were moved to tears and I couldn’t believe how absolutely PERFECT Sonja made our day. Our guests kept saying our wedding was elegant, classy, not overdone and the word magical kept coming up. Sonja’s patience is remarkable and her attention to detail is unmatched. We have her to thank for making our wedding look and feel like a dream. Pinterest aint got NOTHING on our girl Sonja! Big shout out to her hubby who also was a big part of the day supporting setup! We loved our whole experience with her and the team at Black Dahlia, will recommend to all I know! Mucho love Jamie and Joe 11/11/18 (the total pains in the butt)

Norell
Norell Pearce

Married on 05/25/2019

Black Dahlia

Black Dahlia was one of our preferred vendors and after seeing Sonja's work, I knew we had to work with her! After showing Sonja pinterest pictures she captured my vision for our centerpieces and ... Read more bouquets exactly!! I loved my bouquet so much, that I am getting it preserved and my husbands boutonniere made into an ornament. You will not be disappointed with Black Dahlia!!

Cara
Cara

Married on 05/18/2019

Wonderful florist for our wedding

This florist was a very fair price for the value we received. Sonja was attentive , personable , and made sure everything was right! Thank you for making our day beautiful! Read more This florist was a very fair price for the value we received. Sonja was attentive , personable , and made sure everything was right !! Thank you for making our day beautiful !