Black Swan Events

Portland, Oregon · View map · Visit website

About Black Swan Events

Every couple has a story. What makes a wedding memorable is when that story is woven into the celebration. Led by Swiss trained Director Gabrielle Dowding, the award team of Black Swan brings these stories to life. From intimate to grand, from traditional or in a cathedral of trees, couples entrust Black Swan with one of the most significant moments of their lives. "Look in the mirror. That is beauty. Look at your fiance. That is your story. When we infuse those elements into a client's wedding, then we create brilliance." Gabrielle Dowding, Director

What is your story?

No matter the couple, culture or tradition, all weddings have one thing in common: Everyone wants their wedding to be remembered fondly for years...and we absolutely will push the limits of what we can afford to do that.
The wedding industry, social media and cultural pressures can quickly turn one of the most joyful times in a couples life into one fraught with unrealistic expectations and unmanaged cost.
What if you could distill down your wedding to 3 Keys that would ensure you the celebration of a life time without putting the couple in crushing debt? And what if I told you that the answer to every question and concern you will have, you already hold and you can unlock them by referring back to these 3 Keys?
It really is that simple. Here are the 3 Keys.

1) Honor your story 2) Honor your budget 3) Honor your guest

Because every couple is different, Black Swan offers fully customized planning. From intimate to grand, wether you exchange vows in the most traditional setting or in a cathedral of trees, your unique wedding story is the foundation. Bringing the production, logistical and financial expertise of over 700 weddings nationally and internationally, Black Swan is committed to exceeding their clients expectations.

Other Services

Black Swan works on many different types of weddings. We specialize in fusion and cultural weddings.

Other wedding types we plan:

• Civil

Featured
Varun

Married on 05/26/2018

Gabrielle is the best!

We were planning a 300 person Indian Fusion wedding with multiple events in Portland, but we were living across the country in Boston. It is fair to say that it would not have been possible to plan ... Read more our wedding with Gabrielle's sage advice and expert assistance. She saved us so much time by arranging all our visits with potential vendors, knowing which vendors to recommend in the first place, and already having well established connections with everyone we worked with so that everything ran smoothly without us having to think about any details. I can't even imagine how much more work all of this would have been without her invaluable expertise. The day of the wedding, I trusted Gabrielle so much, I knew I didn't have to worry about any logistics and I could focus on enjoying the day. That is a huge gift, and I couldn't recommend her more highly. Do yourself a favor and hire Gabrielle. She's worth every penny.

T
Tayler Barnett

Married on 09/29/2018

Gabrielle is one of the most wonderful people I have ever met. She is easy to work with and had an enormous amount of knowledge about the industry.

Planning my wedding in less than 4 months was a breeze thanks to Gabrielle. She is quick on her feet, very articulate and easy to work with. My happiest day was bliss because of her amazing work.I ... Read more had not a single worry in the world that day.

Katie
Katie

Married on 09/15/2018

A wealth of experience- everything you could ask for in a wedding planner!

Gabrielle of Black Swan Events is the wedding planner of your dreams! She’s not only incredible at managing every technical detail of your big day - she is emapathetic and an incredible manager of ... Read more people (from vendors to in-laws). She has the ability to anticipate everyone’s needs, especially those of the couple. Our wedding was a two-day affair, complete with multiple event sites and an overnight camp-out. When I first started planning, I was so overwhelmed and stressed out, I didn’t think I was going to be able to do it all. Once I had Gabrielle in my corner, all those worries disappeared, and all I had to do was look forward to getting married! Every bride should be so lucky! Book her while you can - her schedule fills up fast!