Blanton Museum of Art

Austin, TX · View map

About Blanton Museum of Art

From the Blanton’s soaring atrium featuring a 50-foot ceiling and iridescent blue walls, to galleries filled with impressive art collections for your guests to enjoy, the Blanton will make a lasting impression for your event.

The Blanton Museum of Art provides a stunning backdrop for wedding ceremonies and receptions. The Rapoport Atrium, with its soaring 50-foot ceiling, serves as the centerpiece of the museum. Guests mingle in the Rapoport Atrium under a hanging sculpture installation Siphonophora. Guests can also lounge on the covered outdoor Loggia and walk through the downstairs galleries.

A unique location for any special event, The Blanton Museum of Art is centrally located just north of the Capitol building on the University of Texas at Austin campus.

5 Reviews for Blanton Museum of Art

5 Blanton Museum of Art Reviews

M
Margaret

Married on 11/04/2017

The Blanton was a beautiful backdrop for our wedding! We coordinated a "flip" of the space with our planner (Wild Sky Events) and used the main atrium both for our ceremony and reception. Everything ... Read more went off without a hitch and the staff were friendly and helpful throughout. Having an amazing photographer helps as well (Sophie Epton Photography) but I'd highly recommend the Blanton for your wedding, especially if you have a wedding planner because everything will need to be rented and brought in (it's a museum, not a restaurant or event venue!). I appreciate how accommodating the Blanton staff were, particularly with the large paper flower backdrop we brought in. My parents had hand-made it and the Blanton appreciated it as a work of art and let us move it in early to minimize risk of damage if it had been moved along with everything else coming in later. I don't think a whole lot of people know of the Blanton as a wedding venue, so it's a lovely and somewhat unique place to hold your wedding. I would highly recommend it!

User4138446

2+ years ago

Stacey and her team at the Blanton are incredible. It was by far the most helpful and professional staff I have dealt with in a really long time. Read more Stacey and her team at the Blanton are incredible. It was by far the most helpful and professional staff I have dealt with in a really long time.

R
Rivann

Married on 04/07/2012

The staff was wonderful and welcoming. Our guests raved about our venue and it was a gorgeous location for our wedding. Read more The staff was wonderful and welcoming. Our guests raved about our venue and it was a gorgeous location for our wedding.