Blithewold

Bristol, RI · View map · Visit website

About Blithewold

Blithewold is a beautiful 33-acre wedding venue located in Bristol, Rhode Island. This historic property is situated on Bristol Harbor and offers sweeping views of Narragansett Bay. It is one of the only New England estates built in the late 19th century that still retains its authenticity.

Facilities and Capacity
This 45-room mansion has an 11-acre Great Lawn and seven historic gardens that create a classic and grand setting. The North Garden has a waterfront setting that is perfect for a ceremony or reception. Your cocktail party can be held on the terraces and covered porches. For the dinner and dancing portion of your wedding, you and your guests will be escorted to the Century Wedding Tent that accommodates 225 guests.

With its natural beauty and elegance, Blithewold is the ideal backdrop for a wedding of any season. Services provided include:

• Five hour reception

D
Featured
Danielle

Married on 09/01/2013

Blithewold was not only one of the most stunning and beautiful venues I think I've seen, they were wonderful to work with and really ran my day flawlessly. Throughout my year and a half engagement, I ... Read more always had a lot of one-off questions that popped up, and Karen Bellevance was fantastic at getting back to me quickly and was very helpful. I had a lot of home-made personal touches I brought in myself to Blithewold - without having a wedding planner hired on my own, I was worried about it all getting set up and in the right place. Karen and her team were great at stepping in here: I was able to drop everything off the day before and they, along with our caterer, set up, and also let us leave everything the night of the wedding so we could go back the day after the wedding to re-collect what we needed to. Overall, I can't say enough about their professionalism and my 110% confidence in Karen and her team - all the vendors seemed to work together and get everything set up thanks to Blithewold's help facilitating.

Stephanie
Stephanie Zurek

Married on 09/23/2018

Perfect garden wedding

We held our September wedding and reception at Blithewold. We could not be happier with how everything turned out. We cannot thank Karen Bellavance enough for her understanding as we worked through ... Read more the possibility of a schedule change due to medical reasons. Karen provided lots of good information leading up to the event. Our wedding ceremony in the garden went smoothly thanks to the clear instructions we received during our rehearsal the day before the wedding. Blithewold weddings are a well-oiled machine. The staff keeps everything running on time. The tent and facilities at Blithewold are wonderful and the setting is magnificent – especially if you are surprised with a dramatic sunset!

J
Jennifer

Married on 08/31/2018

Perfect in every sense of the word.

Blithewold was the absolute perfect venue for our wedding! The grounds are breathtaking, and we still have guests raving about how beautiful the venue was. Karen was an absolute pleasure to work with. ... Read more I planned our wedding from Chicago, which made planning tricky at times, but Karen was so responsive and accommodating to all my emails, even my random one-off questions that would pop up throughout the year. The Blithewold staff runs a well-oiled machine and they work with their vendors so seamlessly to ensure the day runs smooth. They truly create a magical, unforgettable experience.