Blue Valley Vineyard and Winery

Delaplane, VA · View map · Visit website

About Blue Valley Vineyard and Winery

Based in Delaplane, Virginia, Blue Valley Vineyard and Winery is a rustic winery wedding venue that serves couples throughout the greater Washington, D.C. region. The beautiful property is set against a backdrop of the Blue Ridge Mountains and stunning vineyards. Thanks to the country yet modern atmosphere, Blue Valley is ideal for contemporary rustic weddings.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples may host up to 250 people for indoor and uncovered outdoor celebrations. The Veranda Patio and Sunset Terrace are perfect for outdoor ceremonies with scenic views. The indoor space, which offers 20,000 square feet, features rod iron double doors, stone accents, exposed beams, luxurious high ceilings and a waterfall in the foyer. The floor-to-ceiling windows offer breathtaking views of the mountains. For smaller ceremonies or cocktail hour, couples may host guests in the second level balcony, Barrel Room or Cave.

Blue Valley Vineyard and Winery is ready to help you create lifelong memories. On the big day, the friendly venue coordinating team will accommodate your needs. Their services include:

• Event planning
  • In-house bar
  • Liability insurance
  • Outside vendors
  • House wine
  • Specialty wine

Other Facilities
Your wedding party can get ready in the on-site bridal suite. Guests may also use parking and wheelchair access.

Other Services
Blue Valley will gladly host your wedding-related events. These special occasions include:

• Bridal shower
  • Elopements
  • Engagement party
  • Rehearsal dinner
  • Ceremony
  • Cocktail hour
  • Reception

History
John and Helen Zissios have owned and operated Blue Valley for more than 20 years. They planted their first vines more than 16 years ago. John, who grew up in the mountains of Greece, has proudly carried on his family tradition of wine making.

Location
This vineyard wedding venue is 62 minutes from Washington, D.C., 61 minutes from Alexandria and one hour and 45 minutes from Baltimore, Maryland. It is one hour from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, one hour and 41 minutes from Baltimore/Washington International Airport and 43 minutes from Washington Dulles International Airport. Shenandoah National Park is 28 minutes away.

32 Reviews for Blue Valley Vineyard and Winery

32 Blue Valley Vineyard and Winery Reviews

B
Brittany

Married on 07/06/2019

Breathtaking views

Our wedding at Blue Valley was more beautiful than I even envisioned! My fiance and I toured many venues, but the first time we saw the winery, views and met with the owner we both agreed this was it! ... Read more it! The owners and staff were very accommodating to our requests including allowing our dog to join us for our first look, bringing our own arbor the day before the wedding and scheduling our tasting for purchasing our cases of wine for the reception. Every time we visited the winery just to hang out, we were warmly greeted by name by the staff and owners. We loved the modern, elegant look of the winery vs. rustic and the wine is much better than some others in the area. We took a gamble and planned our ceremony and reception both outside, and I am so glad we did. It was spectacular!

Emily
Emily Silverberg

Married on 06/29/2019

The Best Day Ever!

My husband and I literally cannot say enough amazing things about our Blue Valley wedding experience. Not only was it just the most beautiful location, perfectly equipped for a wedding and getting ... Read more ready experience, but their staff helped everything to run flawlessly. The vendor costs included a 3 month out wedding coordinator by Terry Kaye events and we were so appreciative of everything they did. We had guests stay at the Airlie which helped the whole weekend feel full of celebrations, as they are more than just a one building hotel, with the culminating event at Blue Valley really blowing guests away. As the bride, getting ready in their bridal suite made me feel so pampered and special. We also did the rehearsal dinner in their cave and we did have an issue where a storm knocked out the power...However, the Blue Valley team lit candles and it added to the romantic atmosphere of the evening. I really enjoyed the contrast of the beautiful upstairs and outside for saturday to the dark, romantic vibe for Friday. Blue Valley really has it all and I could not be happier with how the day went. Next, we really enjoyed our wine pourer, Ken. He was so patient and cool. He did our tasting a few months prior to the wedding and was also our pourer for the rehearsal dinner and wedding day. My dad is a bit of a grump and hard to please, and Ken made sure his glass was full and he was happy all night! (Along with other guests, but when my dad makes a nice comment, you know someone is good!) Lastly, I am a teacher and Blue Valley gave some discounts on wine and threw in free lighting as a courtesy, and teachers always love to be appreciated! Thank you so much Blue Valley!

J
Jelliott

Married on 06/22/2019

Outstanding Wedding Venue

Blue Valley Vineyard and Winery is simply an ideal wedding venue. The facility and site are gorgeous, and offer spectacular 360° views of the mountains around the Delaplane, VA area. The staff is ... Read more fantastic and very accommodating, and experienced in hosting weddings or other large gatherings. The facility easily handled 170 guests for my daughter's evening wedding. The main rooms of the winery were perfectly sized for dinner and toasts, and dancing after. The side room offered area for a 2nd bar setup, and the patio area was perfect for cigars and for those seeking a more quiet conversation space while music and dancing was going on in the main hall. Oh, and the wines are all FANTASTIC. We chose Sauvignon Blanc, Muscat Ottonel, Merlot and Cabernet Franc and our guest raved about all the wines. A simply perfect venue - Our daughter couldn't have selected a better wedding spot. I would highly recommend Blue Valley to anyone!!