Blush Away Makeup Studio

Aldie, District of Columbia · View map

About Blush Away Makeup Studio

Blush Away Makeup Studio, based in Aldie, Virginia, provides on-site wedding hair and makeup services throughout northern Virginia and Washington, DC, that feel like a day at the spa. Certified makeup artist Finn Mauritzen has more than 16 years of experience as a holistic therapist and believes in the power of natural makeup. Not only will Finn do your hair and makeup for your special day, but each bride will get a full holistic service, including skincare, diet and nutrition, and stress management guidance. She offers consultations and trials to brides before the big day.

Experience
Finn uses her educational background and experience to ensure each bride feels and looks her best. She holds certifications in holistic therapies, diet and nutrition, aromatherapy, reflexology, sports massage, and stress management.

Blush Away Makeup Studio provides on-site makeup and hair services for groups of up to 14 people, with group discounts. Finn offers updos and styling, textured styling, hair extensions, and blowouts for wedding hair options. Finn also provides the following makeup and beauty services for not only the bride but also the entire wedding party:

• Contour makeup
  • Eye makeup
  • Fake lashes
  • Natural makeup
  • Tattoo coverage

Other Services
Blush Away Makeup Studio also provides men’s grooming services for the groom and groomsmen as well as assistance with skincare options and fitness and health supplements.

25 Reviews for Blush Away Makeup Studio

25 Blush Away Makeup Studio Reviews

J
Jennifer Keen

Getting married on 09/29/2019

Jenny - Greenery + Grace Events

Blush Away Makeup is phenomenal! From a wedding planner perspective, they were a joy to work with! They were professional, on time, and did fantastic job. My bride looked gorgeous (and her makeup ... Read more lasted ALL NIGHT!). Definitely recommend this team!!

Stephanie
Stephanie

Married on 11/11/2018

Finn is awesome!

I hired Blush Away for my engagement shoot and for my wedding and she was awesome! Finn was super responsive leading up to the wedding. I don't wear makeup very much in my day to day life so I was ... Read more weary of having my makeup done professionally and having it look too heavy, but Finn was great at helping me make some decisions so that on the day I felt like myself, but also glamorous. Of all the people I hired for my wedding, Finn was by far my favorite.

Caitlin
Caitlin

Married on 11/10/2018

Finn is the best!

I loved working with Finn and Dina (Dare To Dream Hair) for my wedding. They did such a phenomenal job on hair and make-up for my bridesmaids and I. I felt positively radiant on my wedding day, and ... Read more didn’t want to take the make-up off, I loved how natural, yet amazing it made me look! Finn was super responsive and helpful leading up to the wedding, and incredibly organized. She put together a schedule for hair and make-up for me, 6 bridesmaids, and the moms, and we were all ready to go on time - no scrambling! Finn and Dina were both so lovely and so much fun to work with. It was so easy to coordinate hair and makeup, because Finn did all of the coordinating and payments. Finally I particularly appreciated Finn’s focus not just on makeup but on skincare. She provided a recommended skincare routine and suggested products if I did not already have one that I used/liked. From start to finish, Finn was great to work with. 10/10 would work with Finn again and would definitely recommend her for your wedding!