Bobby J & Stuff Like That Band @ New Orleans

New Orleans, LA · View map

About Bobby J & Stuff Like That Band @ New Orleans

Leading in tasteful and dazzling performances, this "Soul School" recording artist-vocalist-band leader-musician has served a satisfied client base for 24 years.

Bobby J's Stuff Like That is a musical expression in live band sound, creating an atmosphere for fun and dance.Wedding receptions are 95% of our business, but for any occasion, Bobby J showcases and interchanges the talents of 8 to 11 artists/musicians who perform soulful arrangements of classic cover and dance R&B, Jazz, Motown, Top 40, Funk, Salsa, Caribbean, and Traditional New Orleans tunes. Audiences are motivated to dance and swing in harmony. Highlighting the evening's entertainment, this featured artist brings back that 'soul' school experience that is exhibited in his melodious, raspy tenor voice and his stage persona.

Our repertoire is unmatched...you request it, and we make it happen! As a finale’, we offer a traditional New Orleans’ second line upon request. Our standard entertainment package includes a 4-piece rhythm section, 2-5 lead and background vocalists, and horns that may be added upon request and availability.

Without a doubt, we are guaranteed to provide a locomotion of soul that will augment any event.

15 Reviews for Bobby J & Stuff Like That Band @ New Orleans

15 Bobby J & Stuff Like That Band @ New Orleans Reviews

W
whitnee

Married on 11/04/2017

If anyone is looking for a band - BOBBY J AND STUFF LIKE THAT IS THE ONLY CHOICE! They are incredibly talented musicians and performers that complete any occasion! I planned a wedding in New Orleans ... Read more from Los Angeles and they were so lovely to work with the entire time. And more than that, they truly made our wedding more fun than we could have ever imagined! All our guests RAVED about them. They were THE BEST!

C
christina

Married on 10/06/2012

I cannot express in words how amazing Bobby J and Stuff Like That was at my wedding. They played at my cousin's wedding 3 years ago, and the moment I got engaged, I told my mom that we needed to book ... Read more Bobby J. And what a great decision that was! My guests did not leave the dance floor the entire night! In addition, guests were coming up to me all night telling me how great the band was, and 6 weeks later, people are still talking about how much fun they had with the band! Lisa is incredibly wonderful to work with. She is accommodating, understanding, and simply lovely...She really cares about you as a bride, and is such a wonderful and comforting person to speak with when you're feeling all of the stress while planning a wedding. Cannot say enough nice things about her. She and Bobby J really made the wedding wonderful with their amazing talent! HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

L
Luanda

Married on 04/14/2012

Bobby J and the Stuff Like that Band did a phenomenal job on our wedding. We were married on April 14th and hired the band based on a recommendation from our catering manager Sheryl from Broussard’s ... Read more Restaurant. What a great recommendation it was, we were more than satisfied with the band. All of our guests praised your talents and spot on efficiency all night long. I even received compliments months after the wedding saying how wonderful the band was. But more importantly they made our night magical. They played our favorite songs, interacted with everyone in our group, and made us feel like it was going to be a night we would never forget. Being a destination bride from New York City I was nervous to hire someone without hearing them first but Lisa was so comforting and so professional. I had no doubt that it would be a night we would never forget and I am so glad my guests were so happy.