Bold Rock Hard Cider

Nellysford, VA · View map · Visit website

About Bold Rock Hard Cider

Located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Nellysford, Virginia, Bold Rock Hard Cider offers a rustic barn venue for weddings and other special events. Couples and their guests will love celebrating in the the natural environment surrounded by country, winery-type settings. The venue is capable of hosting both small and large weddings.

Facilities and Capacity

When you allow Bold Rock to host your wedding, you are allowed full use of the main taproom, decks, patios, meadow, and riverfront. Intimate weddings and receptions of up to 50 people can be hosted at the Barrel Barn, while inside the Cider Barn, couples and 150 of their closest family and friends can enjoy each other’s company. The Bold Rock Room features a handmade brick fireplace, vaulted ceilings, and oak timber beams, and is ideal for a wedding reception or rehearsal dinner. This room offers easy access to guest restrooms, the industrial kitchen, and the tasting bar. For larger weddings, a tented outdoor setting holds plenty of room for up to 300 guests in the Bold Rock Meadow.

All-inclusive packages are available at Bold Rock Hard Cider, giving couples the opportunity to book everything they need for the wedding. When couples choose Bold Rock Hard Cider for their event, a day-of event coordinator will also be provided to help ease the stress on the wedding day. The pet-friendly venue allows couples to bring in their own outside vendors to help with decorating, florals, photography, and any other necessities for the occasion. While the venue is located in a fairly remote location, the facility does have wireless internet.

Cuisine

Bold Rock’s award-winning ciders can be utilized during a couple’s event, served at an open bar, cash bar, or for a set consumption limit. Bartenders and barware will also be provided. While the venue holds an ABC license for serving alcohol, they require couples to procure their own license if they wish to serve other alcoholic beverages on site. After acquiring the license, couples are free to supply their own alcohol at their event. Bold Rock is happy to work with any caterer that the couple desires and is happy to pass along recommendations for vendors.

7 Reviews for Bold Rock Hard Cider

7 Bold Rock Hard Cider Reviews

D
Featured
Denise

Married on 09/16/2017

My husband and I have always loved Bold Rock, we visit often. One day while sitting on the deck enjoying some cider we decided that we should see if they do weddings. Sure enough they did and were ... Read more more than happy to help us make our dream day come true. We had the pleasure of working with Meg Emerson, the event coordinator at Bold Rock. She was AMAZING and did more than I could ever ask for. From planning, to seating charts, to organization, she did it all. I was very stressed ,as any bride would be, and Meg helped ease several concerns by showing me set-up's of other weddings, by emailing me back in a reasonable amount of time, and by meeting with me in person about 3 times to discuss everything. She worked with the caters on the day of and made sure everything went smoothly. Meg also came and picked my husband and I up with the Gator after we had our wedding pictures taken in the field. She brought 2 ciders and a fruit and cheese plate for us to enjoy on the ride up the hill. My day wouldn't have been what it was without Meg. If you are looking at Bold Rock as a venue, book it, I promise you will love everything about it and you will have all the help you need. Bold Rock was also a great value because we could use their tables and chairs for the reception. We had a buffet style dinner that was served inside and we had the dance floor on the deck outside. The ambiance with the string lighting made it magical. Couldn't have asked for anything more. We will be back time after time in the years to come.

Carolyn
Carolyn O'Neill Fasana

Married on 07/14/2019

Great place for a rustic wedding

Beautiful rustic venue. Professional, genial and helpful staff. Highly responsive Read more Beautiful rustic venue. Professional, genial and helpful staff. Highly responsive

A
Autumn

Married on 09/08/2018

You can't beat the view at Bold Rock, and you can't beat their service either! Jensen, and the entire events team at Bold Rock Cidery, helped make our September 8, 2018, wedding an incredible ... Read more experience. I highly recommend this venue!