Botanica International Design Studio

Tampa, FL · View map

About Botanica International Design Studio

Since 1989, Botanica International Design Studio has served the greater Tampa Bay community to provide the very best in eventdesign and technique. From weddings to anniversary parties, to corporate gala events, our talented design team is able to handle all your floral event design needs.

Botanica is owned and operated by Ian Prosser. Born in Scotland, Ian has over 30 years experience within the floral industry. After getting his start in Glasgow, Scotland, where he owned three successful floral design shops, Ian moved hia family to Tampa in 1985.

A graduate of Woodburn Horticultural College in Scotland, Ian has won many design awards. He was the youngest person to receive the honor of "Floral Designer of the Year" for Scotland. Ian has also earned the "National Diploma of the Society of Floristry" (NDSF), the highest European honor in floral design. He has been inducted into the American Institute of Floral Designers (AIFD), The American Academy of Floriculture (AAF) and Professional Floral Communicators International (PFCI) . He is also a member of the FTD Design Team, which sends him around the country demonstrating, commenting, and teaching floral design to his peers. These travels have also sent him to China to lecture students regarding current floral design and upcoming trends.

He was invited by the Society of American Florists to participate in designing the inaugural decorations of President Bill Clinton and President George W. Bush. In 2005, Ian was given the honor by the Society to serve as "Floral Design Chairperson" for the second-term inauguration of President George W. Bush. As "Floral Design Chairperson", Ian helped in the selection and management of the 160 florists picked from across the country to create the floral decorations needed for the many events surrounding the inauguration. Working in close association with the Presidential inaugural committee, he helped to style the rooms for 14 official events, including the 9 inaugural balls.

Botanica has been featured in Instyle Weddings Magazine, OK! Magazine, The Knot, Brides Florida Magazine, The Tampa Tribune, The St. Petersburg times, Floral Management Magazine and Florists Review Magazine.

107 Reviews for Botanica International Design Studio

107 Botanica International Design Studio Reviews

B
Bridget Florence

Married on 01/19/2019

Botanica - exceptional from start to finish!

Botanica exceeded my expectations from the beginning of our relationship and I truly cannot say enough wonderful things about them. Throughout the entire process the Botanica team was extremely ... Read more responsive, helpful and such a joy to work with. Whenever I had a question or needed guidance, they were there to provide their opinion and additional suggestions when necessary. I never questioned the team and Botanica and knew throughout our wedding planning process that I was in the best hands with Margot and Zoe. Aside from communication and the planning process, the day of execution was flawless. The team and designers at Botanica completely understood my vision and delivered. I received so many compliments throughout our event and days later on how beautiful the florals and the table arrangements were. Botanica was there from start to finish — to guide, support and execute a gorgeous event and I will happily recommend them 100 times over to anyone who is in the market for such services. Thank you, Botanica team!

A
Andrew M

Married on 01/12/2019

Best florists you can hire

We hired Botanica to do the floral arrangements for our wedding weekend - and they did an INCREDIBLE job! The entire staff is insanely professional and organized. They responded promptly and ... Read more knowledgable to all inquiries. I really appreciated that my wife and I had a few ideas when we first met them, and after our first meeting with two of their planners, we walked away with some themes and ideas for incredible and unique arrangements. During our wedding day, they worked discretely to make sure everything was perfect - they even made me a back up boutonniere when mine needed attention. I would absolutely recommend them and hope to use them again for other events.

D
Danielle

Married on 07/14/2018

Absolutely gorgeous! They knew everything I could want even before I wanted it. They were sweet and attentive. They were always communicating and keeping us up to date. Extremely flexible and ... Read more understanding since we lived far away and exceeded all expectations from the first meeting