Botanical Research Institute of Texas

Fort Worth, TX · View map · Visit website

About Botanical Research Institute of Texas

The Botanical Research Institute of Texas (BRIT), located in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area of Texas, is a non-profit organization that also serves as a stunning wedding venue. Situated within the Fort Worth Cultural District, this is the ideal location for couples who are looking for a unique, yet natural feel for their special day. Wow your guests with truly one of a kind architectural designs including floor-to-ceiling windows, reclaimed cypress wood walls, and bamboo ceilings.

Facilities and Capacities
BRIT can accommodate up to 200 guests seated when using the entire facility. Both indoor and outdoor locations provide you with the best of both worlds. For your outdoor ceremony, couples can use the BRIT Prairie. Filled with native flowers and grasses, you will be surrounded by nature’s beauty as you say “I do.” The Exhibit Hall and Commons are ideal for your cocktail hour and dinner. With wood paneled ceilings and large windows, the elegant space is size-flexible for your needs. The Atrium is perfect for your reception. Featuring breathtaking architecture, floor-to-ceiling windows and stunning views of the surrounding scenery, this modern space will leave your guests talking. The space is lit with LED lights positioned within the unique reclaimed cypress wood wall. Wander up to the second floor outdoor Oak Terrace for a more intimate setting that still maintains the venue’s lavish structure. The Terrace space overlooks BRIT's native prairie.

BRIT offers a number of services for your big day:

• Vendor suggestions and no outside vendor fees
  • A/V capability at no additional cost
  • Onsite venue manager to focus on making your day special
  • Walk through with venue manager prior to wedding day
  • Variety of layout configurations and no chair fees
  • Convenient, security-monitored parking

History
Founded in 1987, BRIT is a non-profit organization that strives to learn more about the plant world and the value plants bring to our lives. During its over 30 years of service, BRIT scientists have been able to preserve plant specimens and locate scores of new species previously unknown to science.

9 Reviews for Botanical Research Institute of Texas

9 Botanical Research Institute of Texas Reviews

L
Featured
Leslie

Married on 04/21/2018

My husband and I recently had our wedding reception at the BRIT. It was one of the best decisions we made in the wedding planning process. The staff, both Katherine and Courtney, were amazingly kind, ... Read more thorough, and patient as I asked approximately ten million questions. One of the things I appreciated most was how helpful they were. About a month before the wedding, the house I was supposed to stay at, and where we would have taken pictures in the morning if it rained, fell through. I asked the BRIT if we could use the atrium as a rain plan and they were very accommodating, which was great, because it rained. We had a really nice, dry, space to take pictures and we ended up getting a really nice first look. Courtney was also very helpful when our caterer needed twice as many tables as they said they would the week before. We had 160 people at our wedding. It was an afternoon wedding and didn't have a formal meal service so we did not have tables for everyone, but we probably could have made it work if we had needed to. Courtney was really helpful as we worked on the floor plan and I was very happy with how everything turned out. The space was also beautiful, and the natural light was great. We were able to see the outside without having to experience the outside, which was fortunate given the weather. All around it was a great experience and it was an extra bonus to my husband and I that our wedding could contribute science and education in such a cool way.

Erica
Erica

Married on 04/13/2019

Simply beautiful!

Loved every moment here on my wedding day! My wedding was simple and beautiful. Courtney was so sweet and helpful! Everyone was so nice and they answered every question I had. Read more Loved every moment here on my wedding day! My wedding was simple and beautiful. Courtney was so sweet and helpful! Everyone was so nice and they answered every question I had.

J
Jim

Married on 06/10/2017

Working with Katherine Campbell and the staff at the BRIT was a pure joy. The BRIT is very accommodating and professional. I would recommend the BRIT to anyone looking for a special and unique venue. ... Read more venue.