Bournedale Function Facility

Plymouth, MA · View map · Visit website

About Bournedale Function Facility

Bournedale Function Facility is a private waterfront wedding venue that is located in Plymouth, Massachusetts. This 15-acre wedding venue is situated on the private Plymouth retreat that borders a deep freshwater lake. The serenity at Bournedale Function Facility not only creates unforgettable wedding days, but also provides fun-filled activities like post-reception campfires on the beach.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples may host up to 200 wedding guests at Bournedale Function Facility. Their main indoor lodge is 6,000 square feet and features a gourmet dining area. There are also outdoor areas that are perfect for those that wish to take in the beauty that surrounds Bournedale Function Facility on their wedding day.

Bournedale Function Facility can provide any of the following event services and event items for couples to use and customize for their wedding day:

• Accommodations

E
Featured
Ebony

Married on 09/22/2018

I don’t even know where to begin about Bournedale, Darin and the whole team. The best place may be to start from the beginning. My now husband and I are from out of state so when planning our wedding ... Read more we knew we wanted something more that the typical ballroom/event hall type wedding. The majority of our guests would be traveling from a distance and we wanted something that would allow us to interact with them for more time than 5 hours. In our research that is almost impossible in the Boston area if we didn’t want to go to NH or VT. The places that seemed like they would work were either too rustic or too expensive. Then I found Bournedale!! From our first visit to the site we just knew. It is right on the water, they have so much land, and the value!!!! Oh my gosh for the whole year leading up to the big day I was just waiting to the other shoe to drop but it never did. You get an outdoor ceremony overlooking the water, indoor reception, you can bring your own lawn games, pontoon ride during cocktail hour, overnight stay for guest in beautiful homes or more rustic cabins. AND A BONFIRE AFTER THE WEDDING!!! Amazing. Hearing that I thought ok something had to be bad, but it wasn’t. The food was UNBELIEVABLY delicious best filet I have had in awhile. The timeline of things went off without a hitch. And the best part was the whole Bournedale staff . They were the nicest kindest professional, warmest people I have ever met. They made me feel like we were all family. They accommodated all our requests, made sure we ate at the reception, coordinated and fed our vendors, set up the hall, and so much more. From the guys who stayed overnight to drive us around in golf carts and coordinate the bon fire to the owner who was so friendly and helpful, you can not go wrong by having your wedding here. It was a dream come true and I am so happy we found this place. It was my best day ever and I will be eternally grateful to all of them. Best venue ever!!!!

Adeline
Adeline Medeiros

Married on 11/17/2018

There is nowhere else like Bournedale! You will be eternally grateful if you hold your wedding there!

Where do I start? Everything about our experience hosting our wedding at Bournedale was perfect. We had the difficult task of planning a wedding from out of state. We had to look at venues online and ... Read more and try to gauge from reviews and pictures what the experience might be like. A friend from high school had her wedding at Bournedale and highly recommended it, so I had my sister go take a tour and FaceTime us. From that moment on, we felt blessed to have found Bournedale - and that feeling has only grown throughout the planning process and now as we reflect on our amazing wedding. Every aspect of Bournedale is perfect: + The location? GORGEOUS in all seasons. We got married in November and even with bare trees, it felt like a magical location on the lake. + The value? Insane. I'm still sort of in shock at the experience we had for what we paid. Bournedale was the most affordable location in the area and it offered a million more things for that price. + The coordinator, Darin? Invaluable. He absolutely made the day. I can't say enough about my appreciation and love for Darin. He is MEANT for this kind of work. He has a calm, relaxed demeanor and yet has every little detail 100% covered. He is thoughtful, honest, and kind, and I was so, so grateful to be able to work with him for this wedding. + The food? Insanely good. Like, actually. I know people always say how they had people tell them the food was good afterwards, but my friends are RAVING. Everything was perfect and delicious and like a meal you would have at a really nice restaurant. The variety was awesome, and the chef is just the sweetest person. He accommodated not just your regular dietary restrictions but more unique ones with a smile, making every single one of our guests feel welcome. I ate at the wedding (Darin and Robin, another coordinator, made sure we did!!), and I still regret not eating more haha! + The experience? Where else can you have a beautiful ceremony on a lake, cocktail hour, an incredible dinner, super fun dancing, a bonfire with marshmallow roasting, an afterparty, AND brunch?! I can't tell you how much fun this was. I've never been to another wedding like it. I was pretty overwhelmed by the prospect of a wedding, and this actually made it so much better - we had so many opportunities to connect with our friends and family in a relaxed way, and there was much less pressure knowing we'd see folks at the afterparty and at brunch. Most of our guests were from out of town, and if this is true for you, you absolutely need to pick Bournedale. + The staff? Genuinely kind, wonderful, helpful, loving people - every last one. It truly feels like a family-run establishment. Everyone from Arnie, the owner, to the coordinators, to the kitchen staff, to the great guys who drove us around in golf carts all night long were just the sweetest, loveliest people. I can't express my gratitude to them all enough for making us feel so welcomed and supported. Truly, there is nowhere else like Bournedale. I can't express how over the moon I am with the experience we had there. It's hard to imagine why anyone in Massachusetts or the surrounding area would ever plan a wedding anywhere else when Bournedale is an option. I am going to cherish my time there forever -- my now husband and I are already planning to send our future kids to camp there and want to rent it out again in the future for an anniversary or family celebration!

C
Christina

Married on 10/06/2018

Fantastic value, Amazing Wedding Venue

Bournedale was such a fantastic choice for our October wedding. Darin and his team were AMAZING! He was so responsive, friendly and professional. Such a great events coordinator. He was great about ... Read more making sure everything went smoothly and on time, he also made sure we were well fed during dinner! We had so much time before the wedding, about 3 hours before the ceremony to just relax, hang around, greet our guests and take beautiful photos on the grounds. This venue was definitely unique, guests were most impressed by the pontoon boat rides, such a fun and unique activity to have at a wedding. The food was also phenomenal, I still have people saying how AMAZING the food was. We had the carving station and a pizza station (along with veggies and salads). I highly recommend this venue!