Bournedale Function Facility

Plymouth, MA · View map · Visit website

About Bournedale Function Facility

Bournedale Function Facility is a private waterfront wedding venue that is located in Plymouth, Massachusetts. This 15-acre wedding venue is situated on the private Plymouth retreat that borders a deep freshwater lake. The serenity at Bournedale Function Facility not only creates unforgettable wedding days, but also provides fun-filled activities like post-reception campfires on the beach.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples may host up to 200 wedding guests at Bournedale Function Facility. Their main indoor lodge is 6,000 square feet and features a gourmet dining area. There are also outdoor areas that are perfect for those that wish to take in the beauty that surrounds Bournedale Function Facility on their wedding day.

Bournedale Function Facility can provide any of the following event services and event items for couples to use and customize for their wedding day:

• Accommodations

E
Featured
Ebony

Married on 09/22/2018

I don’t even know where to begin about Bournedale, Darin and the whole team. The best place may be to start from the beginning. My now husband and I are from out of state so when planning our wedding ... Read more we knew we wanted something more that the typical ballroom/event hall type wedding. The majority of our guests would be traveling from a distance and we wanted something that would allow us to interact with them for more time than 5 hours. In our research that is almost impossible in the Boston area if we didn’t want to go to NH or VT. The places that seemed like they would work were either too rustic or too expensive. Then I found Bournedale!! From our first visit to the site we just knew. It is right on the water, they have so much land, and the value!!!! Oh my gosh for the whole year leading up to the big day I was just waiting to the other shoe to drop but it never did. You get an outdoor ceremony overlooking the water, indoor reception, you can bring your own lawn games, pontoon ride during cocktail hour, overnight stay for guest in beautiful homes or more rustic cabins. AND A BONFIRE AFTER THE WEDDING!!! Amazing. Hearing that I thought ok something had to be bad, but it wasn’t. The food was UNBELIEVABLY delicious best filet I have had in awhile. The timeline of things went off without a hitch. And the best part was the whole Bournedale staff . They were the nicest kindest professional, warmest people I have ever met. They made me feel like we were all family. They accommodated all our requests, made sure we ate at the reception, coordinated and fed our vendors, set up the hall, and so much more. From the guys who stayed overnight to drive us around in golf carts and coordinate the bon fire to the owner who was so friendly and helpful, you can not go wrong by having your wedding here. It was a dream come true and I am so happy we found this place. It was my best day ever and I will be eternally grateful to all of them. Best venue ever!!!!

D
Danielle

Married on 06/08/2019

Perfect Venue

My husband and I most definitely recommend the Bournedale Function Facility as a wedding venue! They are so accommodating and made planning our wedding there as easy and stress-free as it could ... Read more possibly be. Darin was a huge help during the months leading up to our wedding. He answered all of our questions in a timely manner, and would offer advice when we asked for his recommendations. He has several years of experience running weddings at Bournedale, and it shows. We were so lucky to have perfect weather when we got married, so our guests were able to go out on the pontoon boat during cocktail hour (which they loved), and we were able to have the bonfire afterparty as well. Everyone loved the food and the Bournedale staff made sure my husband and I got our meals and drinks, since there's so much going on. We had close family and the wedding party stay overnight in the houses on the property (where we were able to get ready as well). That was another main reason we chose Bournedale. We had several families traveling from far-away states, that having them stay on the venue property gave them one less thing to worry about. If you're looking for a venue with a beautiful water view, lodging options on-site, great/dependable staff, and delicious food, this is your place! Not to mention the price is so much more reasonable than other New England venues we looked at.

Adeline
Adeline Medeiros

Married on 11/17/2018

There is nowhere else like Bournedale! You will be eternally grateful if you hold your wedding there!

Where do I start? Everything about our experience hosting our wedding at Bournedale was perfect. We had the difficult task of planning a wedding from out of state. We had to look at venues online and ... Read more and try to gauge from reviews and pictures what the experience might be like. A friend from high school had her wedding at Bournedale and highly recommended it, so I had my sister go take a tour and FaceTime us. From that moment on, we felt blessed to have found Bournedale - and that feeling has only grown throughout the planning process and now as we reflect on our amazing wedding. Every aspect of Bournedale is perfect: + The location? GORGEOUS in all seasons. We got married in November and even with bare trees, it felt like a magical location on the lake. + The value? Insane. I'm still sort of in shock at the experience we had for what we paid. Bournedale was the most affordable location in the area and it offered a million more things for that price. + The coordinator, Darin? Invaluable. He absolutely made the day. I can't say enough about my appreciation and love for Darin. He is MEANT for this kind of work. He has a calm, relaxed demeanor and yet has every little detail 100% covered. He is thoughtful, honest, and kind, and I was so, so grateful to be able to work with him for this wedding. + The food? Insanely good. Like, actually. I know people always say how they had people tell them the food was good afterwards, but my friends are RAVING. Everything was perfect and delicious and like a meal you would have at a really nice restaurant. The variety was awesome, and the chef is just the sweetest person. He accommodated not just your regular dietary restrictions but more unique ones with a smile, making every single one of our guests feel welcome. I ate at the wedding (Darin and Robin, another coordinator, made sure we did!!), and I still regret not eating more haha! + The experience? Where else can you have a beautiful ceremony on a lake, cocktail hour, an incredible dinner, super fun dancing, a bonfire with marshmallow roasting, an afterparty, AND brunch?! I can't tell you how much fun this was. I've never been to another wedding like it. I was pretty overwhelmed by the prospect of a wedding, and this actually made it so much better - we had so many opportunities to connect with our friends and family in a relaxed way, and there was much less pressure knowing we'd see folks at the afterparty and at brunch. Most of our guests were from out of town, and if this is true for you, you absolutely need to pick Bournedale. + The staff? Genuinely kind, wonderful, helpful, loving people - every last one. It truly feels like a family-run establishment. Everyone from Arnie, the owner, to the coordinators, to the kitchen staff, to the great guys who drove us around in golf carts all night long were just the sweetest, loveliest people. I can't express my gratitude to them all enough for making us feel so welcomed and supported. Truly, there is nowhere else like Bournedale. I can't express how over the moon I am with the experience we had there. It's hard to imagine why anyone in Massachusetts or the surrounding area would ever plan a wedding anywhere else when Bournedale is an option. I am going to cherish my time there forever -- my now husband and I are already planning to send our future kids to camp there and want to rent it out again in the future for an anniversary or family celebration!