Bowling Green Country Club

Front Royal, VA · View map · Visit website

About Bowling Green Country Club

The Bowling Green Country Club is a golf club with a banquet hall in the greater Washington, D.C. area. This classic venue offers flowering gardens with a white wedding pergola, undulating green hills, and two grand ballrooms. Couples can find this romantic venue in Northern Virginia, approximately 75 minutes from Dulles International Airport.

Facilities and Capacity

The guest list maxes out at 350 attendees for a wedding at the Bowling Green Country Club. The outdoor wedding arbor, a beautiful white pergola, offers a scenic ceremony spot overlooking the Blue Ridge Mountains. Sitting upon a paved patio, couples won’t have to worry about their shoes in the grass or mud. Flower beds surround this paved walkway and patio space, adding pops of season color to the ceremony. The arbor itself can be decorated with succulent blossoms. For an indoor ceremony or elegant reception, couples can use the two grand ballrooms in the clubhouse at this venue. The country club’s ballrooms feature smooth light hardwood floors, giving the space an airy grace when paired with the soft white walls and impressive windows. Both of these rooms offer enough space to seat the maximum capacity of 350 guests.

In addition to their ceremony and reception, couples can also host their bridal shower and engagement party at this classic country club. The staff provides assistance with lighting and sound services on the day of the couple’s wedding event. Linens are also provided for couples, matching the color and style of their celebration. Other services and event items include:

• Bridal suite
  • Chairs
  • Cleanup
  • Event planning
  • Parking
  • Setup
  • Tables

Cuisine

This country club offers to couples a menu of delicious cuisine from which to choose on their big day. The catering style offer late-night muchies in the form of buffets and bar service for a couple’s event as well. Menu items can be served in the following catering styles:

• Buffet

C
Featured
Casey Tissue

Married on 06/08/2019

BGCC is amazing and Phillishia worked so hard to make our day perfect!

Our wedding was perfect! Bowling Green Country Club was a beautiful place for our wedding. I feel like we got the most value for our money by having our ceremony and reception here, and Phillishia ... Read more went the extra mile from the day we first met until the day of our wedding to make sure we were getting anything we wanted or needed! She gave us recommended vendors who were all fantastic, and it worked out well that lots of the vendors knew each other. Every time I had a question, she answered it in just a few minutes - even on her days off! She showed a lot of passion and care for our wedding! She made sure things ran smoothly on the day-of, and coordinated with our DJ and photographer. I didn't have to lift a finger! The venue itself was also absolutely amazing. We had our ceremony outside by the white arbor, where our florist hung a garland. Phillishia moved the flowers inside for the reception to get more use out of them! We rented chairs that were all set up outside and moved inside for the reception by Phillishia and her crew. She helped us line up for walking down the aisle and made sure everything went smoothly! The South Ballroom really came to life with Phillishia's decorating powers! She has the cutest lights wrapped in tulle that drape between the windows. Those lights and the hardwood floors were what really stuck out to me about this venue. No ugly carpeting like so many other country clubs! You can really make this space your own. We brought our own decorations that Phillishia helped to set up the day before and on the day of the wedding. She did a fantastic job. Everything came out perfect! If it had rained, the South Ballroom would have been used as our ceremony location. Since I liked the ballroom so much, I wasn't really worried about rain since it would have also made a beautiful ceremony! My mom was worried about having golf carts outside the building for the wedding. I thought it was such a small nit pick that we shouldn't worry about it. I asked Phillishia about it, and she very graciously had them moved! This woman worked so hard for us, and I couldn't be happier with the way it all turned out! Definitely a great choice for a wedding!

Elena
Elena Procopi

Getting married on 03/04/2021

Absolutely amazing!

Bowling Green Country Club was an absolutely perfect venue and the staff made wedding planning stress free and, frankly, almost easy. The wedding coordinator at Bowling Green Country Club, Phillishia, ... Read more Phillishia, was a joy to work with. She was available day and night to answer any questions, big or small, and she never made me feel as though I was bothering her. Even on nights, weekends, holidays, she answered my questions within minutes/hours and would ensure me my repeated apologies weren't necessary - that she was there for my questions anytime and was nothing but happy to help. She was nothing but gracious, sweet, friendly, funny, lighthearted, kind and incredibly helpful. The chef, Vito, was an absolute pleasure to work with and custom made our entire menu. The guests raved on and on about how delicious the food was and how gorgeous the venue was. With the slightest bit of instruction regarding menu and food, Phillishia and Vito took our ideas and ran with them and created the perfect space for us to get married and the perfect menu to accompany our wedding. In the days leading up to the wedding, Phillishia had multiple "surprises" for us - such as new gorgeous planters for the outdoor arbor - because she knew I wanted a little extra decoration in the arbor and knew I would be over the moon excited that she had ordered new planters. She took the time to get to know us and our needs and was able to create the perfect ceremony and reception spaces just from listening to us. I honestly cannot say enough times how easy wedding planning was with a coordinator like Phillishia. Not only did she handle everything leading up to the wedding, on the day off she was bustling around at a million miles an hour handling any and everything (and things I hadn't even thought of or asked her to handle - such as immediately making us a plate of food from the buffet when dinner was served). If you are in the process of looking for a wedding venue, I urge you to look no further than BGCC. The venue is gorgeous, inside and out, and I am entirely certain that Phillishia and Vito will make your wedding planning and your big day as special as they made ours. They are absolutely top notch.

N
Nina

Married on 07/27/2019

5 star experience made our special day amazing!!

The venue was absolutely gorgeous! The staff was super helpful and friendly you could tell that they really enjoyed their job. The food was phenomenal and had so many compliments about it from our ... Read more guests. Phillishia was super helpful thru the whole process and made a stressful time seem way less stressful and she took a huge load of stress off our shoulders, from the decorating, to the food , making sure everything was in place defiantly worth the extra money to hire her as a wedding planner.