Bowling Green Country Club

Front Royal, VA · View map · Visit website

About Bowling Green Country Club

The Bowling Green Country Club is a golf club with a banquet hall in the greater Washington, D.C. area. This classic venue offers flowering gardens with a white wedding pergola, undulating green hills, and two grand ballrooms. Couples can find this romantic venue in Northern Virginia, approximately 75 minutes from Dulles International Airport.

Facilities and Capacity

The guest list maxes out at 350 attendees for a wedding at the Bowling Green Country Club. The outdoor wedding arbor, a beautiful white pergola, offers a scenic ceremony spot overlooking the Blue Ridge Mountains. Sitting upon a paved patio, couples won’t have to worry about their shoes in the grass or mud. Flower beds surround this paved walkway and patio space, adding pops of season color to the ceremony. The arbor itself can be decorated with succulent blossoms. For an indoor ceremony or elegant reception, couples can use the two grand ballrooms in the clubhouse at this venue. The country club’s ballrooms feature smooth light hardwood floors, giving the space an airy grace when paired with the soft white walls and impressive windows. Both of these rooms offer enough space to seat the maximum capacity of 350 guests.

In addition to their ceremony and reception, couples can also host their bridal shower and engagement party at this classic country club. The staff provides assistance with lighting and sound services on the day of the couple’s wedding event. Linens are also provided for couples, matching the color and style of their celebration. Other services and event items include:

• Bridal suite
  • Chairs
  • Cleanup
  • Event planning
  • Parking
  • Setup
  • Tables

Cuisine

This country club offers to couples a menu of delicious cuisine from which to choose on their big day. The catering style offer late-night muchies in the form of buffets and bar service for a couple’s event as well. Menu items can be served in the following catering styles:

• Buffet

Featured
Elena Procopi

Getting married on 03/04/2021

Absolutely amazing!

Bowling Green Country Club was an absolutely perfect venue and the staff made wedding planning stress free and, frankly, almost easy. The wedding coordinator at Bowling Green Country Club, Phillishia, ... Read more Phillishia, was a joy to work with. She was available day and night to answer any questions, big or small, and she never made me feel as though I was bothering her. Even on nights, weekends, holidays, she answered my questions within minutes/hours and would ensure me my repeated apologies weren't necessary - that she was there for my questions anytime and was nothing but happy to help. She was nothing but gracious, sweet, friendly, funny, lighthearted, kind and incredibly helpful. The chef, Vito, was an absolute pleasure to work with and custom made our entire menu. The guests raved on and on about how delicious the food was and how gorgeous the venue was. With the slightest bit of instruction regarding menu and food, Phillishia and Vito took our ideas and ran with them and created the perfect space for us to get married and the perfect menu to accompany our wedding. In the days leading up to the wedding, Phillishia had multiple "surprises" for us - such as new gorgeous planters for the outdoor arbor - because she knew I wanted a little extra decoration in the arbor and knew I would be over the moon excited that she had ordered new planters. She took the time to get to know us and our needs and was able to create the perfect ceremony and reception spaces just from listening to us. I honestly cannot say enough times how easy wedding planning was with a coordinator like Phillishia. Not only did she handle everything leading up to the wedding, on the day off she was bustling around at a million miles an hour handling any and everything (and things I hadn't even thought of or asked her to handle - such as immediately making us a plate of food from the buffet when dinner was served). If you are in the process of looking for a wedding venue, I urge you to look no further than BGCC. The venue is gorgeous, inside and out, and I am entirely certain that Phillishia and Vito will make your wedding planning and your big day as special as they made ours. They are absolutely top notch.

A
Ashley

Married on 05/17/2019

Love love loved this venue!

I’m not quite sure where to begin when there are so many amazing things to say. I’ll start with the venue. We had our reception and wedding at the South building. The arbor outside is beautifully ... Read more decorated this time of year with all the flowers and greenery. They do a fantastic job on the upkeep too. The morning of our wedding, the staff was outside adding fresh soil and making sure the flowers looked their best after it had rained the day before. The inside is equally as beautiful with the tables all decorated in white and the window drapery with lights. By itself, there wasn’t much decorating we needed to do other than the tables themselves. The staff made us feel at home throughout our whole wedding. They made sure we were always taken special care of and if we needed anything at all, just to ask. And like many before us, no review is complete without mentioning Phillishia. She is hands down the best and made the whole experience completely stress free. From the endless emails asking questions to stopping by in person, she was always available and more than happy to help. She is a joy to be around and she has a way of making you calm and relaxed. She went a long way in making our wedding day go off without a hitch!

M
Miranda

Married on 04/13/2019

Fantastic!!!

We got married April 13th at Bowling Green Country Club. Absolutely everything was perfect from the second we had our tour. We met Phillishia (the wedding coordinator) and I told my husband I wanted ... Read more her to be my new best friend. SHE IS AMAZING!! Phillishia, her team, and everyone at Bowling Green did everything in their power to accommodate to my every wish! I would 100% recommend this venue to every single person. They made our wedding day everything we hoped and dreamed of. Thank you!!!