Brambles and Bittersweet Wedding Flowers

Stonington, Connecticut · View map

About Brambles and Bittersweet Wedding Flowers

Brambles and Bittersweet is a family owned organic farm specializing in locally grown flowers for businesses, weddings, and evocative arrangements for all engagements. As a farm we also provide organically grown fruits and vegetables for farm-to-table restaurants.

We are happy to work to meet all your needs, including providing flowers and arrangement training for DYI weddings, or growing specific heirloom vegetables/flowers for your restaurant or event. We look forward to hearing from you.

- Carol Mann

17 Reviews for Brambles and Bittersweet Wedding Flowers

17 Brambles and Bittersweet Wedding Flowers Reviews

A
Andrea

Married on 05/18/2019

Highly Reccommend!

I can't say enough wonderful things about Brambles and Bittersweet! We worked with Carol and Laura and they were amazing. They are super knowledgable and realistic about the kinds of flowers we wanted ... Read more and could use for the wedding based on the time of year. Carol was able to incorporate all of my favorite flowers and we got endless compliments on the bouquets, centerpieces and boutonnieres. She was so creative and went above and beyond for everything! I highly, highly recommend them and was so trilled to use an amazing local florist!!

Yael
Yael

Married on 08/24/2018

Amazing locally-sourced florist with a creative eye

When searching for a florist for our August wedding at Saltwater Farm Vineyard, it was really important for us to find someone who would source locally grown, seasonal florals throughout our wedding. ... Read more The venue is already so gorgeous that we did not feel we needed a ton of decoration, but rather flowers to compliment the natural beauty of the space. I was not tied to a specific type of flower, but rather gave some broad instruction (ie, colors, loosely gathered sort of feel, natural) and wanted to find an expert who would bring that to life. Carol and Laura embraced our vision and did such a fantastic job with our wedding. I would choose Brambles and Bittersweet again and again. We also had a pretty limited budget, and they were able to work with us to create stunning and creative centerpieces using painted wine bottles I provided (which other florists said couldn't be done), breathtaking bouquets and boutonnieres, and a simple but perfect loose foliage treatment of our chuppah. They were excellent communicators and perfect day-of vendors (Laura showed up early to help the men pin their boutonnieres). I gave Carol permission to cut up my mom's veil and use it to decorate my bouquet, and she did such a beautiful job with that. I also absolutely loved that Carol coordinated the donation of our centerpieces to a local rehab center in Mystic after our wedding. Thank you so much!!!

A
Ali

Married on 07/06/2018

I loved my experience working with Laura and Carol! I knew I wanted to work with them ten minutes into our first meeting. They are so sweet and so knowledgeable on what they do. I didn't really know ... Read more what I wanted for my wedding. After mentioning different flowers and colors I liked, Laura and Carol created the most amazing vision for my wedding! I then changed my mind ten more times leading up to the day and Laura somehow completely understood what I was picturing in my head and made it come alive. We also wanted a chuppah but were not sue how to execute it. They offered to decorate the chuppah and provided linens. They also knew how windy it was at my venue and put me at ease when they said they knew exactly what to do to keep the chuppah in place. Working with Laura and Carol made the wedding planning process so much easier and I am very thankful for that! I highly recommend working with them!