Bretton Woods Recreation Center

Germantown, MD · View map · Visit website

About Bretton Woods Recreation Center

Bretton Woods is a country club with a banquet hall wedding venue for couples in the Greater Washington, D.C. area. At this private venue, couples will find natural beauty in the pristine landscaping and pond. Couples can find this country club in Germantown, Maryland, approximately 35 minutes upstream of the Lincoln Memorial on the Potomac River.

Facilities and Capacity

This 285-acre venue encourages couples to celebrate their big day with up to 150 wedding guests. The outdoor ceremony location overlooking the pond is romantic and includes lush trees in the background. A wedding arbor can be added and decorated with flowing fabric or fragrant flowers for a pop of color among the greens of the lawn and blues of the sky reflected in the pond waters. Sparkling sunlight illuminates couples beginning their life together before they join guests for a reception. The Southard Room seats up to 60 for a plated dinner but accommodates more for a standing cocktail hour before the reception, should couples be holding a larger affair. The room connects to an outdoor patio with a built-in stone wall fireplace. This relaxing location offers views of the golf course and the Potomac River. The Potomac Ballroom can seat up to 150 guests for a sit-down dinner and features a dance floor, bar, and the additional space of an attached deck. This deck can be used for a cocktail reception or as a place for guests to get a breath of fresh air during the party. Floor-to-ceiling windows allow guests to appreciate the scenery outdoors while celebrating the couple’s love inside.

Couples can also host their bridal shower, engagement party, or rehearsal dinner at this venue. At Bretton Woods they’ll find the following services for their wedding or other festive events:

• Setup and cleanup
  • In-house bar
  • In-house catering
  • Liability insurance
  • Willingness to work with outside vendors
  • Parking
  • Wireless Internet

Cuisine

Full bar service pairs well with any items couples choose for their reception menu. Bartenders take care of the drinks, leaving couples to decide how they want their wedding catered. The following serving styles are available through the country club’s in-house catering team:

• Buffet

J
Featured
Jaimie

Married on 07/27/2018

Had my wedding at Bretton Woods this late July. It is such a beautiful and affordable venue. The outdoor area is gorgeous but the main room is also beautiful with huge windows and plenty of natural ... Read more light. A true hidden gem!! My guests could not stop raving about the amazing food catered through them also. I owe many thanks to Brittney and Megan for being so accomedating and helpful before and during my special day!

N
Nicolette

Married on 11/10/2018

Helpful, engaged experts that made our day perfect!

Megan and Brittney at Bretton Woods were incredibly easy to work with and so experienced. I was worried about planning my own wedding, but this team knows what they’re doing and knows how to make the ... Read more day run smoothly. The food was absolutely wonderful, the bar service and flexibility of alcohol options was very helpful, we appreciated the open communication on prices from start to finish, and I can’t overstate how easy it is to have a venue that does it all. They had tons of food options, bar options, inexpensive linens, tables, chairs, all serveware, and a space that barely needs decorations because it’s so gorgeous already. If I had to do it all over, I’d pick Bretton Woods every time!! And a special thanks to Brittney who went above and beyond the day of! She was doing everything from keeping on schedule, to serving at the bar, to getting logistics figured out on the fly. Thank you to the awesome team! Our day was perfect because of you!

Amanda
Amanda

Married on 10/27/2018

Great venue

My husband and I are so glad we held our wedding at Bretton Woods. From the very beginning, Brittney and Megan were wonderful to work with. They let us come to the venue multiple times before we even ... Read more booked, were very responsive to my many emails of questions, and went above and beyond the day of the wedding. They even accommodated changing the ceremony location just a few hours before the wedding, and set up the ceremony decor so that we had plenty of time to get ready despite the last minute change. So many of our guests mentioned how beautiful the location was and how delicious the food was. We loved the food during the tasting, but it tasted even better at the wedding (and yes, they made sure my husband and I actually got to eat at our reception!). Everyone we interacted with from Bretton Woods was courteous, helpful, and professional. We highly recommend Bretton Woods!